We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money exchange rates..

cleveland, england
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
money exchange rates..

hey all..

going to paphos next week.. just wondered what you advise to do re holiday money..

- take english and exchange over there

- get euros here [best rate at moment is 1.09 to pound]

any other advice appreciated..

thanks

Birtley, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money exchange rates..

Hi

We change a small amount over here before we go, and normally change the rest as we need it, when we get to paphos, get a better rate.

we are going on sunday, can't wait

enjoy your hols!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: money exchange rates..

Hi

The rate fluctuates by the day and going by the date of your post if you are getting €1.09 better to change sterling to € when you come over. Today's market rate is €1.12 to the £ but you will only get €1.10 at the shops here

Kev

cleveland, england
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: money exchange rates..

thanks for replies..

ill leave it till i get there..

adele

Liverpool
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: money exchange rates..

I got one of these, Will see how it is this summer.

http://www.fairfx.com/cardselection#eurocard

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: money exchange rates..

Hi

has anyone just returned from paphos this week ? what is the exchange rate over there and are there plenty of places to change it

Manchester
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money exchange rates..

We came back on Sunday and there are quite a few places to exchange currencies, we were getting 1.27 euros to the £ but the hotel were only offering 1.08 euros to the £.

bristol
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: money exchange rates..

well i changed money here last week at local thomas cook shop and got 1.24 to the pound

South East England
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: money exchange rates..

Why do you get a better exchange rate in Cyprus? Sorry if this seem dim but I honestly don't know, thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
9. Re: money exchange rates..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:16