We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos Catholic Wedding

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos Catholic Wedding

Me and my partner are planning to get married in Paphos, been before and loved it. We want to have an intimate catholic wedding with only around 20 friends and family at St Paul's Pillar (Ayia Kyriaki) and then off to a taverna for a meal and drinks. our problem is everything I see for St Paul's is for an anglican service. Would be extremely grateful for any advice on the subject from people in the know/ been married there. Many thanks in advance.

Edited: 12 June 2011, 15:23
Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

All I can offer is www.paphoscatholic-churches.com/index.html which may give a lead.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

This is the new website for St Pauls Catholic Parish. It gets very busy with weddings, so the earlier you contact them the better. The Parish Priest Fr Carlos, has been at St Pauls since late last year and is very nice. The assistant priest is Fr Jim Kennedy.

www.stpauls-catholic-parish-paphos.com/

Regards

Trisha

Edited: 12 June 2011, 16:47
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

Catholic services at Ayia Kyriaki are on Wed, thurs and Frodays

Kev

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

Hi Kev

Catholic services are every day at Ayia Kyriaki. The website lists all the details.

Trisha

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

Hi Trisha

Are you sure because they alternate with the Anglican's. The Anglicans have AK on Monday and Tues Catholic's have AK on Wed Thurs and Fri

St George's Chapel the Catholic's have Monday and Tues and the rest of the week the Anglicans have it

Kev

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

Thanks for your replies, we have been in touch with the church directly and plan on having the service in church and then off to a taverna for a greek meze. Any suggestions on a good restaurant to seat aruond 20 - 30 for an informal reception. Have a few ideas as been to Paphos before but any recommendations would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

7. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 15:58
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

Hi Kev

Yes, I'm sure - I am a parishioner of St Pauls.

The Greek Orthodox Church allows the church (ie the building) to be used by St Pauls's Catholic Parish, who in turn allow the C.of E. to use the building for some services.

Usually Mass is held every day at 12 noon, unless something is going on to disrupt that, ie a wedding, and then the time changes to 9am. On Sundays, there is a C.of E. service early (8.30 I think) and then Latin Mass at 10am, Polish Mass at 11am, and English Mass at 12noon. There are 2 priests at St Pauls now - Fr Carlos and an assistant priest - Fr Jim Kennedy.

Trisha

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

Thats strange as I was told exactly the same as what Kev has said by both churches - Catholic and Anglican when I was first planning my wedding.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paphos Catholic Wedding

I don't want to enter into a arguement, but I am absolutely confident about the content of my last post.

Trisha