We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

Last time me and hubby went to Paphos (stayed at the Annabelle) the whole place was crawling with timeshare touts. The minute you walked out on the street you were asked 'Do you speak English ?' they were even going into the hotel grounds and leaving scratch cards on the sunbeds. They were very aggressive and insulting to holidaymakers who said no thanks. We have been to Cyprus several times and had lovely holidays there but said we wouldn't go back until they were cleared off the streets. I know you always get a little bit of hassle when you go abroad but they were relentless every time you stepped onto the main street. I know people say carry a foreign newspaper or pretend you don't speak English but I don't want to be hassled all the time it really winds me up

kelvedon
Level Contributor
171 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

They are still there...but in small numbers...we were ther in June, and there was even one at the bus stop in the old town...best advice ive had, it just shrug your shoulders as if you haven't a clue what their on about, and walk away.

Enjoy your stay xx

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

I was in Cyprus 3 weeks and have no idea what you´re talking about! We weren't approached at all, so no?!

scotland
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

We were in Paphos the last two weeks in May and never saw any,have been hassled in previous years so I hope they've gone for good!

Birtley, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

we were there in june saw them a couple of times in the harbour, but they did not approach us. they are not on scooters and cars, think they have clamped down, we walked from the aquamare to the tomb of the kings and didn't see one. its about time fingers crossed they were a pain in the a**e big time.

5. Re: Are the timeshare scum still hounding people in Paphos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 15:15