We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses and Taxi Help

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Buses and Taxi Help

Hi All

Myself and the Mrs are staying in Peyia in early September and need a little advice please.

I've had a look through previous post and think my best bet to get to Peyia from the airport appears to be the bus to Coral Bay then a taxi into Peyia ?

Can anyone recommend how much a taxi should be from Coral Bay to Peyia.

I was contemplating driving but don't want a car for the full holiday, i'm also USELESS with directions so was a little put off by that.

Last question once in Peyia how easy is it to pick up a car or would Coral Bay be my best bet ?

Thanks

Ryan

co.durham, england
Level Contributor
414 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses and Taxi Help

I'd hire a car to pick up from the airport and arange to have it picked up either after a few days or a week if your staying for a fortnight. The roads are really easy to follow, they drive on ourside of the road and all signs are in English as well as Cypriot. Its a beautiful island and there are loads of places to visit

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses and Taxi Help

Hi – just came back from Cyprus and have a bus schedule in my hand (I knew there was a reason I kept it!)

Bus:

To get to Coral Bay from the Airport you need to catch the 612 (tickets 2euro per person for one day)

These leave the airport at 7.30am,8.30am,9.30am10.30am,12.30pm – 19.30pm every hour then break for 2 hours then 21.30, 22.30,11.30

This goes via all the hotels in Kato Paphos until you get to the harbour station. You then need to catch the 615 there is one every 15mins.

It should take about between 1 hour and 1 half hours depending on how many stops there are.

You would then need to catch a taxi from Coral Bay to Peyia about 10.00euros

Taxi:

They can be expensive, but we used a guy called Rocky www.iwantataxicyprus.com, he is very reasonable and very reliable. We booked him after reading below forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k4…

The bus is a great idea, you should weigh up pros and cons if you just miss then you’ve got to wait an hour, with us it would have been 4euro for the bus and 25euro for Rocky to Damon Hotel. For me I couldn’t bothered with the hassle after an already long day I just wanted to get to the hotel for a Keo.

Car:

You can either have it straight from the airport and drive or if you pre-book they will deliver straight to your villa, I’ve never hired a car so I can’t recommend any. Maybe some-one else can help you there.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 16:48
UK
Level Contributor
135 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses and Taxi Help

With regrad to the airport buses, do you need to buty the tickets inside the airport or can you just buy them from the drivers? Many thanks.

Yorkshire/Paphos
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses and Taxi Help

On the bus from the driver.

That applies to all the kinds of tickets - day rover, week tickets etc.

CL

5. Re: Buses and Taxi Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 10:19