We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Hi

Going to Cyprus in 11 days wooohoo staying in an appartment in Chloraka, hopefully the electricity problems wont dampen our spirits.

My question is how much on average is it for a taxi in the evening to Paphos and back?

We will be hiring a car for the 2 weeks but would like to go out in the evening and have a meal and a few drinks so a taxi would be needed.

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Scott

I live in Chloraka and a taxi will cost you €10 after 12 midnight it will be €12

Kev

Edited: 19 July 2011, 13:31
Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Hey Kev

Thank you for that, my wife and 2 teeenage kids are really looking forward to it,this is our first proper "summer" holiday together so have never been to Cyprus, we are renting a place from a friend in Chloraka.

Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

Scott.

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

HI

I do not know of this could be a help for you but there is a bus leaves the harbour at midnight that goes along the KOTR to coral bay

Also if you are in coral bay there is a bus at 12-30in the morning that goes to the harbour

I have just came back and both these buses

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Hi Scott

Fire away or pm me

Kev

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

If you use the Coral Bay bus, then you'll have a very challenging hill to walk up to get to Chloraka, and then depending on where you'll be staying a fair walk.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Depending where you are situated in Chloraka, there are one or two very nice bars opened recently in the village that might well be within walking distance of your accommodation.

Kev, I'd be interested to know which taxi you use as I usually get quoted more than €10 on the rare occasion I get a cab home.

Trisha

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Hi Trisha

It's a firm I use in conjunction with the weddings I do and I think they give me a discount also the fact I use them alot as I am drinking alot as well lol But as I have said many many times ask before you get in the taxi the cost anythingt more then €10 tell them to sling there hook

Kev

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

I'll try that Kev - "€10 or sling your hook"!

Trisha

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

the taxi company we used always charged on the meter when we came earlier in the year. PM if your interested in his number.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi cost - Chloraka to Paphos

Hi Kev

Are there any good places to eat out in Chloraka? As we are arriving early hours of Sunday morning we were thinking of eating out on Sunday night until we can stock up at the supermarket. Where is the best place to shop for food etc? I read that Lidl have opened now is this nearby? We are hiring a car for the 2 weeks so getting about is not a problem, obviously the taxi is so we can have a few drinks and not worry about driving.

Not sure what the exact address is yet as I am waiting for the details in the post, but I think it may be called Melina Gardens or something like that, do you know of it and if so what is like there?

Thanks

Scott

Get answers to your questions about Paphos