We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chloraka to Nicosia drive

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chloraka to Nicosia drive

Hi

Could anyone tell me how far is it to Nicosia (Turkish side) from Chloraka (Paphos) and how long to drive there? I would like to take a drive to have a look around the markets.

Also is this the best place for a nice market with plenty of leather goods etc real or fake?

5 days to go wooohooooo lol

Thanks.

Scott.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chloraka to Nicosia drive

Scott

It will take you approx 2½ to 3 hrs to get to the other side depending on traffic and crossing the border. Not many car hire firms will allow you to take their vehicle over the border so enquire with them first. You could park 5 mins in the centre of Nicosia and walk across the border at Ledra St.

Kev

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chloraka to Nicosia drive

Hi Kev

I didn't realise about the hire company not allowing us to take the car over the border, never even gave it a thought, I'm glad you told me so I can at least check on it, using a guy in Chloraka I think for car hire (it was arranged by the friend who owns the appartment) Leo I think his name is (car hire guy).

So I need to find a car park close to the centre (or border) and then walk to the markets? Would it be much of a walk to get to the markets after going over the border?

Cheers

Scott.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chloraka to Nicosia drive

Even with a/c that's a lot of driving for a day trip in the blistering heat and humidity.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chloraka to Nicosia drive

Hi Scott

The markets are just a stones throw from the ledra st crossing, but ask at the checkpoint on the cypriot side what you are allowed to bring over, they do stop and search people coming through.

I know Leo's just down from Cardiac hill, I doubt very much if he will allow you taking the car over

Kev

5. Re: Chloraka to Nicosia drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 12:17