We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
derby
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
toilets

Hi , please can you tell me if you put toilet paper down the toilets in cyprus, Strange question i know , no im not off my head but know you cant in Greece , we are staying at the avanti village , thanks jane

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toilets

Hi, no you can't put toilet paper down the toilet, but you get used to it, Have a good holidy, never been to the Avanti village but it does get good reviews and ther are some nice restaurants in that area. Barbara.

derby
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toilets

Thanks barbara , you are very kind replying so quick , felt a little silly asking but better to know. cant wait now , we go in 7 days and on the countdown , thanks again , jane

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toilets

Bins are provided - everywhere. May seem a bit strange but it's really not a problem when you get used to it.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay at the Avanti Village. Lots of places to eat nearby, regular bus service to the harbour and the old town of Paphosand close to the CTO beach if you want a change from the pool.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: toilets

Bins are provided - everywhere. May seem a bit strange but it's really not a problem when you get used to it.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay at the Avanti Village. Lots of places to eat nearby, regular bus service to the harbour and the old town of Paphosand close to the CTO beach if you want a change from the pool.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,559 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: toilets

We have had this question before. At all of the the hotels we stay at you can put the paper down the toilet and also at most of the restaurants we go to. Depends where you are staying.

Just type toilet paper in the little search box immediately above this post and you will see all the previous debate on this subject.

Edited: 15 August 2011, 20:17
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: toilets

We stayed at the Avanti Village last year. There weren't any notices in the apartments and communal areas telling you not to flush paper down the loo so we carried on as normal. You'll have a great time at the Avanti Village - we're going back there in Oct and can't wait!

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: toilets

Where a bin is provided for paper next to a toilet it is wiser to use it. Yes, some people ignore it and flush all the paper but this can create blockages. Since the new sewerage system was put in many hotels no longer say "No paper in toilets". In mountain villages I always use the bins.

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: toilets

We came back from the Avanti Village 2 weeks ago & we flushed it down the toilet. Whoops! It did cross my mind briefly we weren't meant to but we did. Oh dear.

You'll have a fabulous time! We did!

KC

derby
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: toilets

Thanks everyone for your comments thats answered my question perfectly , counting down and 6 sleeps to go now , however just read a review to say what an awful place the avanti is and that they had cloud all through their recent holiday so slightly concerned although i know you cant always listen to everyones point of view , thanks again jane

10. Re: toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 01:16