We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location query

manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Location query

Hello,

I am looking to book my wedding at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village but having never been to Paphos I don't know how it is location wise. I believe it is near Toms of the Kings Road? Is there any nightlife on this road, Family bars with Karaoke etc? As this is what my wedding party like? Also, how far is this from the main Bar Street if any of the younger crowd fancy a later night? I don't want people having to get taxis or walk far.. we are quite an outgoing bunch so need an area with at least 4 or 5 decent pubs etc..

Any help you could give me would be great, thank you x

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Location query

TOKR is very popular and has many bars and restaurants within easy walking distance from the kefalos. From the kekalos you are within 10 mins walk from Bar st

Kev

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location query

Kev

Actual Bar street is a 40 minute walk from the Kefalos Beach?

Its about 3 KM

The TOKR has loads of great bars mind

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location query

swiss if your going up through TOKR it will but there are cut through's that make it shorter and all depends on how quick they walk

Kev

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Location query

Kev,even going the shortest route it works out about 1.8km but being 1st timers it will take them several walkabouts to get to know the shortcuts.I think even 20 minutes would be pushing it,certainly do-able but probably lose a litre of body fluids in the process :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location query

I saw about a wedding a day at the Keflos beach

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location query

Just back from Paphos. Stayed at Damon Hotel and Apartments the sister hotel of Kefalos Beach, but were able to use the facilities of Kefalos Beach. Ideal setting for a wedding.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location query

I agree with Dav65 : it would be 10 minutes- by bus - from Kefalos to 'bar street'. Do-able in 20 minutes in running shoes not stilettos, I would think.

Your friends could work their way, more slowly, via some of the many bars on Tombs of the Kings Road :)

manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Location query

Thanks everyone, your comments are all very helpful. I probably won't even go to Bar Street if Kings Road has lots of family bars etc.. that's all we want really, karaoke, quiz nights, tributes etc..

How pricey is it? what's the average drinks price on the kings road? Any cheap and cheerful bars? :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location query

£1.50 a pint to £2 a pint

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Location query

I don't know you must all walk like snails lol I do it in 10 just a brisk walk haha

Kev