We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayfair Hotel

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Mayfair Hotel

We stayed at the Mayfair hotel in July, I have reviewed. It was a hotel from hell. I was led by tripadvisor reviews, what I dont get, is how can one hotel get such conflicting reviews. How can some of us absolutely hate it and have received similar treatment, yet others rave and totally contradict - today is a classic example with review from very unhappy customer immediately followed by people thinking it was fantastic. I know we all have different expectations, but seriously this hotel must be paying people to review.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayfair Hotel

Hi, it was interesting to read what you had to say about the Mayfair, it is a hotel that I have never visited as I have never been too sure about the reviews, Last Sept. going home at the airport we got talking to some people who really hated Paphos and | wanted to knwo why so I asked them where they stayed adn they said the Mayfair so I said perhpas that was why they hated Paphos and they said it was nothing to do with the Hotel, they thought it was great there they just hated Paphos. they said the best thing about Paphoa was the airport cos it had a smoking area!!!!!!! One man's meat is another man's poison so the saying goes. Barbara

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayfair Hotel

and that's the reason you should never listen to hearsay am sorry but it is true.I agree 100% with Barbara I stayed there 5 yrs ago and I loved it and people where saying how bad it was but then I was in a 1 bedroom apt whether that was the difference

Kev

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayfair Hotel

We were in one bed appt too. It changed hands this year Kev apparently previous owner took most staff and chef with him. As stated in my review I trust trip advisor reviewers 'normally'. I don't get it really when you have a reception desk constantly attended by crying guests! The point I was trying to make was the complete diversity of reviews on this hotel

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayfair Hotel

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your visit to Paphos, auds01.

I don't understand your comment that 'It changed hands this year Kev apparently previous owner took most staff and chef with him.'

I think, perhaps, someone has misinformed you?

I've just read your review. One of your complaints was that if you reserved a sunbed at 6.30 in the morning and it wasn't used by 10 a.m, the staff removed the towels. That seems fair to me...?

In your review, you comment about a murky pool - and that you didn't see it cleaned for two weeks. When I went to a hotel where I felt the pool wasn't clean, I didn't hang around the pool for two weeks: I went elsewhere.

Obviously you feel very strongly about your experience and it prompted you to write a belated review - one year on - of another holiday, in which you also refer to the Mayfair:

'Its taken me nearly a year to write this review, and has been prompted after the disaster we have had this year in Cyprus (Mayfair Hotel, Paphos, review written and published).'

You say you don't understand the conflicting reviews but, rather than wait in limbo, have you taken your complaints up with the tour operator?

They generally have a lot of 'clout'!

I would suggest you take your grievance up with them - or with the many UK lawyers who are touting for business under the 'no claim, no fee' option which seems popular.

It may be a case, as others have suggested, that ' you can't please all of the people all of the time'.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayfair Hotel

Thank you Alassia, my comment to it changing hands was to the person who posted above under the name Kev, and who had stayed 5 years ago. this hotel HAS changed hands this year, perhaps YOU are misinformed. I have contacted our tour operator thank you and the hotel will be removed from their brochure next season. I dont have a claim, and have no need to contact a lawyer, I was giving my opinion on this hotel in the hope of saving at least one person a spoilt holiday. You are obviously precious about the Mayfair for your own reason! And I so agree, you cannot please all of the people all of the time, and I do not wish to justify myself to you. Thank you.

6. Re: Mayfair Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 21:17