We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Hi bit of a long winded post!

I am getting married in Paphos, there are around 20 of us going inc 4 kids. the wedding will be held at Alexander the Great and I am looking for some ideas on where to have the evening reception (my budget is not huge so somewhere reasonable).

Thinking a family friendly (but lively and fun) taverna near or on the beach(for pics) to have meal, drinks and defo some bad dancing :) As we are a small party I dont want the atmosphere to crash and burn at 7pm and would like quite a smooth transition from wedding to reception.

I am probably asking too much but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :0)

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Hi tashipop

Beach taverna's are hard to come by in Paphos and the one's that are available you will pay more because of the views, it's a case of swings and roundabouts am afraid

Kev

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Hi, the Romantica is a restaurant just opposite the Alexander the Great and we have been there when there has been a wedding reception. the guest seem to have a room that is slightly elevated but still part of the restaurant. It does get very good reviews and my hubby thinks it's wonderful. Barbara

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Hi there

Thanks for the replies! Cyprus is one place I have never been but always really fancied so when we decided to take the plunge we thought 'why not?'

I have done so much research and Paphos seemed to suit everyone's requirements. I am going to research Romantica (sounds perfect). The main thing is that its close to ATG and we can grab some sunset pics :) Any tips welcome.

Do you know if i should book inadvance or just pop in and book when we arrive and get our bearings? x

Thanks again

x

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Always book in advance then you won't be disappointed

Kev

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Thanks Kev - think you're right Im always at the coos tail lol!

Half wanting to go over on a quick trip to check things out but the other half of me wants somewhere completely knew and exciting. None of the wedding party have been either so it will be a suprise for them too.

Fingers crossed it all goes ok x

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

am sure it will Bambos is relly friendly and the food is second to none

Kev

glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Just down from Alex the great is a lovely looking African Restaurant. Sorry I can't remember the name of it though. We passed one night and there was a wedding reception in it and it looked lovely. Little candle lanterns all along the entrance and rose petals. The wedding party were doing the conga in and out of it lol!

Alex the great is a stunning hotel! it has loads of individual restaurants in it. Have you checked with the hotel if the have a room you can hire?

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

Don't be at the 'coos tail' for your wedding, tashipop. You Scots are aw the same! :)

The African restaurant has closed. New owner: it's now Colosseum 2.

Good advice from Natac. If you want a private venue, ask the Alexander the Great for a room. you can arrange for a band.

If you want another venue used to hosting wedding receptions, try Michael's tavern in Kato Paphos.

An alternative could be Ficardos?

Did you know you can also have a Scottish piper with bagpipes at your wedding? Gets lots of positive attention from visitors and local people! A lovely touch here in Cyprus.

9. Re: Wedding reception ideas Paphos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 23:18