We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elephantcarhire

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
elephantcarhire

Hi, we have just booked a car hire from "elephantcarhire" (think thats how its spelt) can any-one tell me if there are any hidden ex to pay? and also how do they work it with the petrol ie:-full tank, bring back full ect, we fly out in 2 weeks and have arranged to pick car up at airport and drop off there. and are there cars nice (not dirty or anything)

thanks

cindy x

Beverley
Level Contributor
198 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: elephantcarhire

As you haven't had any replies I thought I would just say that I have read good reports on this forum about Elephant car hire. Sorry can't help you about petrol etc.

We fly out in 2 wks too......can't wait !!

S. Wales
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: elephantcarhire

Used Elephant car rental back in May. No deposit required when booking. We were met at arrivals by a very nice chap who took us to the ouside coffee shop to complete the paperwork. He explained the procedure for returning the car back to the airport and returning the keys.

There were no hidden extras the price quoted is what we paid plus the cost of 1/2 a tank of fuel. You then return the car with whatever is left in the tank.

We were really impressed with the service and even got a free upgrade to a much bigger car than we booked (A new mitsubishi Lancer). The car was in excellent condition. Really good communication when booking etc. All in all a good experience. would highly recommend them.

Hope this is helpfull.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: elephantcarhire

Hi, Thanks so much for reply`s, really helpful and you have helped in putting my mind at ease, Roll on the 28th sep

cindy x

lancs
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: elephantcarhire

Hi,hope you have a great holiday,we go on 25th Sept and can't wait.

Marie.....

Durham
Level Contributor
171 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: elephantcarhire

Hi Cindy,

have used Elephantcarhire for years now.Never had a problem. You will be fine

Ian

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: elephantcarhire

I also used Elephant car hire just last week - the customer service & car were fine.

However I was not happy by the way their website implies 'everything' is covered insurance-wise. You will only be covered 3rd party - albeit with zero xs. This will be fine provided you don't have an accident that is your fault ie say you backed into something. You would then be liable for all the costs of fixing things - this is as I understood it as was explained to me at the airport pick-up. There was no offer of extra/top-up insurance.

The above might be obvious to regular car-hirers in Cyprus but wasn't to me, although we have previously hired cars abroad.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: elephantcarhire

Thanks for information, we wasnt aware of the cover in detail, so thanks for that,and to all who are getting ready for their holiday, hope you have a lovely, fun, and most relaxing holiday.

( I am at the moment layed up in bed in the hope that I will be fit and able for the 28th--------2week tomorrow--------i am sooo excited, i just LOVE my holidays

Happy Happy Holidays

Cindy xx

bristol
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: elephantcarhire

if you want fully inclusive rates for cyprus. no extras even for additional driver then try economy car hire or economy car rental. both on internet and cheaper than elephant car hire by quite some way. just google the above and get thier websites. enjoy your hols. very jealous, had mine already!!!!

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: elephantcarhire

Hi,

We used elephant car hire last week. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by friendly person. He was very well organised and treated our queries with respect. He explained a lot of minute details. They also gave us a free upgrade to a 4x4 (came in very handy as we went to remote locations). It did not take us long to agree fuel details (half tank on hire and return). We had also hired a Garmin satnav before arrival. Very happy to recommend this to others as well. Very pleasant team. Keep it up !!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: elephantcarhire

I have used Elephant previously without any problems, they had a fair fuel policy.

The Car hire company to avoid is Holiday Autos / Europcar who have introduced a fuel policy designed to rip off the tourist, despite pointing this out to them at length they refused to take a fair approach.