We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back yesterday

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
just got back yesterday

very disappointed with the villa , but that is the travel agents fault not paphos. our villa had a tele but could not get a channel , so why have a tele it was mucky and smelt of sewage in the bedrooms , we had 4 bedrooms 5 adults and one child , only 1 toilet worked water was cold all week and i mean all week, but the main gripe we payed for a cot and it was not there it was locked up rep got the owner to come get it out it was filthy and it collapsed when you touched it , and it was so small the rep told him to get another which he did and it was the same , the rep went out and bought one , this child had been up since 4am and got to bed at 10 30 not very good i don't think, the gates had to be locked all the time but the owner would let himself in and check we had turned the lights off round the pool we had no privacy he brought someone to read the electric meter twice

very expensive to eat out taxis dear i thought ,but was always polite and careful .

weather was brill everyday from 8 till 6 the sun shone

the beach in coral bay was not good , went to corialia and it was like sitting on sand paper our 2 years old granddaughter could not play in it , would i go back prob for the weather def not with the same tour company, we did get photos so will be complaning

some good some bad go see for yourself think we were just unlucky

lancs
Level Contributor
956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back yesterday

Hi,sorry you had such a bad experiance,who did you book your villa with,and which villa did you stay in.

Marie....

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
586 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back yesterday

Really sorry to hear of your issues.

I think it's fairly important to bring to peoples attention the company you booked with and the Villa you booked.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back yesterday

it was with Thomas cook villas with style don't really want to say which villa yet till i started the complaint procedure, but will let you know in a day or so , also forgot to say we had 3 brollies round the pool with the spikes sticking out because they were broke , ans the portable barbicue i it advertised had to be seen it was a square metal thing and it was full of cig ends , we were told by the owner it was a typical cypriot barbecue, god was he having a laugh

lancs
Level Contributor
956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back yesterday

We book a villa each year with Villaplus,they are really nice villas and are well kept.

We stay in Coral Bay/Peyia, and are actually going again on Sunday for 2 weeks,we love it.

If you want any info on this company or the names of what villas we have stayed in ,just let me know.

I hope this hasn't put you off going back there,as it would be a real shame.

Marie.....

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back yesterday

buzzalancs i would be very interested in the name of the company you use , the area you stayed is actually were we stayed , it wont put me off going again the weather was too nice for that to happen , i just feel i have thrown £3300 down the drain so on top of air condition charges for 4 bedrooms and other expenses i could have done a world tour

anyway despite all that my granddaughter had a fab time she was on stage trying t do the Greek dancing after the dancers had finished lol she was amazing had the attention off the whole restaurant and she only 2 bless her

have a nice holiday

lancs
Level Contributor
956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back yesterday

Hi,I will send you a p.m. before I go,We never paid anywhere near that,and we had 4 bedrooms,we have a 5 bedroom one this time and didin't even pay that much,i will message you either tonight or tomorrow ok.

Marie.

cardiff
Level Contributor
107 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back yesterday

Thanks for letting people know about the bad experience in the Thomas Cook villas. Forearmed etc!! We've booked a villa called sunnyview with Villaplus, the same company as buzzlancs and it's only £674 for a week this coming October for a 4 bed villa with pool. That also includes the air conditioning, pool heating

( dont think we'll need that) TV with BBC, ITV etc and also has pool table, table tennis and free wi-fi. £3300 does seem to be well over the odds although that probably includes your flights? ( hope it does or that is a huge rip off). I'm sure if you go with another company you'd have a great time in Cyprus.

Bromsgrove, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back yesterday

We are thinking of booking a 'luxury' beachfront villa at Paphos through a firm called AGIOS and are hoping to rent one of ten villas which appear on their website and are supposed to be situated on a private development between Pharos Beach and the Elysium Hotel complex.

I cannot however locate this development on Google Earth and some at least of the photographs appearing on the website appear to be architects impressions or merely pictures of swimming pools tables and chairs.

We have been told that the reason it can't be found on Google Earth is that it was only completed in May.

Has anybody used AGIOS before, or rented property in this development.

It is difficult to select which of the ten properties in this development we would like to rent, merely from pictures of tables chairs, swimming pools and artists impressions.

We would appreciate some re-assurance that the site is not still under

construction and more importantly perhaps that it actually exists.

We would therefore like to hear any comments or reviews on AGIOS or from anyone who has rented one of their properties in the Paphos area.

In particular we would like to hear anyone who has rented a villa on this development during the past six months.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back yesterday

Hi Mike

Would you be happy to give us the website address details? I've tried google and can't find them. With more info I think you would get some feedback.

Regards

Trisha

Beverley
Level Contributor
198 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back yesterday

Hi Mike

We have just got back from Paphos and I think the villas you mention are called Paradise Cove.

Yes they are finished and the villas themselves look to be top class.

They are situated next to the Kefalos beach complex and there is a public beach nearby although the beaches are not top notch.

Some of the villas are on the sea front and others are behind but I think all will have a sea view.

Hope this helps.