We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa odyssey coral bay

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
villa odyssey coral bay

don't go there you will be sorry or its sister , villa Andy

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

Link:

tripadvisor.com/…36735895

I have to ask again: are such villas licensed by the CTO? Many villas rented to tourists are unlicensed...

It's advisable to check beforehand.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

hi

we went with a well known travel company , we put our trust in them when they said it was a top notch villa, how stupid we were

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

I'm sad that you had such a bad experience, missmidog. You would expect that a reputable travel company would have vetted the accommodation and checked that the villas were at least licensed and approved by the CTO. It's the only way tourists can be assured of accommodation which meets the standards expected here.

Since you booked through a travel company in the Uk and not directly with the owner, is it easier be compensated?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

Hi

We are currently in discussion's with the travel company , we have produced many photos and other evidence to back our complaint , we did enjoy Cyprus and will return some time in the future but will probably stay in a hotel.

I have seen a complaint on TA regarding the sister villa which is owned by the same person so we will wait and see what happens

lancs
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

Sorry you had such a bad time,we book every year with Villa plus,and once again we had a brilliant 2 weeks with them.

These people shouldn't be allowed to get away with doing this to holidaymakers,it's hard enough saving all year for it,and then to be let down like that,it's terrible.

Marie.....

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

Hi Marie

Yer we were let down terrible we paid £1600 for the villa first family holiday in 15 years a whole week with my 2 year old granddaughter i was so excited , she couldnt go to bed till the rep went out and bought one because the one in the villa was broke and covered in sick , the owner took the bulbs out the lights by the pool so we couldnt use the electric ,dead insects hanging from large cobwebs all over, bear wires, they is too much to mention , the worst thing was the lack of privacy he would appear early morning to read the electric meters and then other mornings a man would shout over the gate to be left in so he could read the meters , gate had to be locked at all time and the whole villa was surrounded with barbed wire ( what was that all about )

it was terrible i am not a snob and will rough it with the rest of em but certain things went far and beyond

june

bristol
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

hi sorry you had such an awful time. I was only looking at these villas the other day on their top ops website. They looked so nice i was surprised reading your thread. have you had any joy with your complaint?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

Hi Lucy

yes we had a phone call from the travel company and they agreed with us that these are not the type of villas they want in their brochures, i would have thought that someone would do reguler checks on these places on behalf of the travel company

june

bristol
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

well yes you would have thought so!!! They look so nice on the website its hard to believe. We once had a nasty experience on a villa holiday in Majorca and i agree its so awful to deal with. have you managed to get a refund from the tour operator? They need to make more regular checks but feel the reps must know what its like. I note that they are still taking bookings via the tour oparetor because as i said i was only looking at them the other day on their website. Which is ridiculous knowing what they know. But as i said the reps must know what its like and should be passing this onto the tour operator. good luck anyway.

Yeadon, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villa odyssey coral bay

Time to name and shame me thinks.

You certainly drew the short straw on this one.

Like Marie I would recommend villa plus.

We used them in June this year and everything was great.

We had a small problem with the aircon which was rapidly sorted.

The only other visits we had were from the maids, the owner who came twice to cut the grass, and the pool man who came 4 times. Whilst we could not say no, we were asked for the ok each time. The villa plus reps were great.

Portugal for us next year already booked, with villa plus.

P.S Don't let this put you off villa holidays.

David