We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Hello all, just wanted to ask has anybody been All Inclusive in cyprus with Thomson over Christmas and whether 'Dressing Up' ie dinner suit necessary or if trousers and shirt and normal nice dress will do for dinner. thinking about weight restrictions and shoes matching handbag etc!! we're family with 2 teenage boys and never been away for Christmas before. So they want to do the whole dinner suit etc ( i know weird for boys) we don't so DO WE HAVE TO??

Hoping someone will respond or baggage going to be overweight,

Thanks sharon

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

If you turned up in dinner suits, you'd be the only people there to do so! Don't overload your luggage - we're all fairly casual here. :)

Matching shoes and handbag? Not necessary ( you can make whatever statement you want!)

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Hi Shaz

If it just everyday dinner smart casual would suffice but if your attending a Christmas / New Year Gala dinner then I would say Yes. Some people do make the effort to dress up, it reflects pride in their appearance. I would contact the hotel and ask their opinion, they would be able to tell you what is actually happening during your stay and of course the requirements of attire

louishotels.com/paphos/ledra_beach_paphos_ho…

Kev

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
749 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Or ask Thomsons themselves as they would know.

I very much doubt if you did have to dress up, after all you are on holiday!

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Thanks for your reply - info greatfully received, sharon

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

It was the Gala dinners I was enquiring about, so thank you for your reply, all information gratefully received,

Thanks sharon

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Thanks for the reply, Sharon

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

No problem Shaz but as I said your far better going direct to the hotels really then asking someone like me or anyone else who lives here as I doubt we have ever stayed there

Have a good christmas anyway

Kev

Beverley
Level Contributor
198 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

Hi

Not stayed at the Louis but spent last Xmas at the St George.

Shirt & smart trousers and nice dress or trousers / dressy top were what most people wore.

Hope you have a lovely time.

9. Re: Christmas with Thomson at Louis Ledra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2012, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about Paphos