We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Resorts Action Group

Godstone
Level Contributor
162 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Resorts Action Group

Many members of Lion Resorts Vacation Club will have been following the various forums on Tripadvisor attempting to get answers to the ongoing problems with Lion Resorts. From today would all interested members including those who have not posted before please refer to this new post only. The group of members who have been working to get answers and redress from Lion since last Christmas have named themselves The Lion Resorts Action Group to try and polarise action which will hopefully lead to a conclusion. We have found out many facts about Lion Resorts, Resorts Fiduciary Services the trustees who were supposed to have looked after members interests and KourushiLionResorts the company that ran the Capital Coast and the unbuilt Amphora and are currently in dialigue with Jack Mabley the remaining director of Lion who has said that he is trying to sort things out. We need more members to come forward and help push things forward. Anybody with legal qualifications will be especially welcome. We will update this forum at regular intervals and we have our own on-line blog http://lion-resorts.blogspot.com/ If you want to get some answers and possibly some money back read the blog and contact us. Thank you

937 replies to this topic
Flitwick, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

As a member we are obviously concerned with whats going on, we joined for the sole purpose of using Capital Coast and with the disbanding of the Kouroshis (who are the developers) and Lion Resortssurely this agreement has been terminated by them. The maintenance fee is as stated on the disclosure statement for Aliathion, Akamanthea, Capital Coast & Amphoria. If these are no longer and the Korouchis are no longer then surely we are not at liberty to pay these charges. We personally haven't paid the fee yet, we have now received a letter with 25% charge added when contractually the interest will be added at 3% above the standard rate. They have also claimed that they have tried to contact us several times about this via phone. One land line , two mobiles and two email addresses and not one contact by Lions resorts to these not even a reminder letter which I believe is the law before adding the interest, also the annual rise in fees out ways the info given at the time of joining. We will have to pay this so we stand a chance of joining the battle although the reason for joining was to live the dream and not holiday in bloody Spain!

Regards

Dave

Godstone
Level Contributor
162 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

The rules and regulations were changed at the AGM so Lion will say they can do what they like. The belief is that Lion are in serious financial trouble and it could be that they are starting to panic at the number of members refusing to pay annual fees as this is the main source of their income. It is unlikely that Lion would pursue legal action as that would give members their say in court and we all know what has happened to Lion in Cyprus. In addition Kourushi and Alkamanthea are taking legal action against Lion together with possibly others who have been in partnership with Lion and have been ripped off. It is a great pity that more members could not be persuaded to get together about a year ago to take proper legal action. As things stand members are rushing around like headless chickens, some refusing to pay fees, some walking away and some taking legal action.This plays in Lion's hands. Coordinated legal action should have been taken but

nobody appeared interested when the Lion Action Group was trying to co-ordinate some action. What we have now is an extremely diluted Vacation Club with less strict rules and much less protection for members, not that the original constitution did anything to prevent the wholesale closure and loss of resorts. It is probably too late now for group legal action given what we know of Lion's financial position and members would be unlikely to get any redress in the form of money, in fact it might just push Lion into Bankruptcy.

Flitwick, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

How have you got on with the claim so far?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Can Lion register our non payment of annual fees with a credit reference agency when they have broken the rules of the constitution by faiing to provide full audited accounts?

Flitwick, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

I have contacted Watchdog about this along with sending a lengthy email to LR ,hopefully they will be interested in the story and advise on this sort of thing.

Norwich, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

I have been a member of Lion Resorts since 2004 and upgraded to Amphora in 2008. I couldnt understand why I had not received notification of this years maintenance fees. After many emails LR finally replied to me and said that my account was now handled by KLR! (apparantly I was contacted by LR in 2010 and I had told them that this was what I wanted to do !)

OK. I tried to contact KLR, no reply.

So I went back to LR who told me that I can have a FREE upgrade to go back with LR and transfer my membership from Amphora to Vacation Club.

Before I do this im a little worried that if, like many others, i decide to take legal action against LR my contract will have changed and I will not have the right ammunition to file a complaint.

So as things stand I am a little confused as to which way to go.

Any ideas ? And thanks for listening .

Norwich, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Incidently. I have also contacted Watchdog and Rogue Traders last year

Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

I have just phoned Lion Resorts in Majorca and was assured that my booking for Aliathon in Paphos would be ok and no problems were envisiaged.

I am booked to go May 19th 2012

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Hi there, yes us too received the "letter" big red writing telling us we were in default of the contract. The same with trying to contact you. So I sent Mably a email to say i was totally disgusted with this letter. if you look at your Constituition it says that if you default your main fees, yes you will get 25% added on and then the interest rate added, but then goes to go on if it still remains unpaid then they will send you a letter, and then after 90 days they terminate your membership, it says nothing about effecting your credit references, this looks like a threat to pay up. Why should we pay up and then book a holiday and liove on our nerves for it actually coming to. This was not what our 5 star dream we paid up for, in my my case and probably most of your until 2041. Also if you all look at the back of your constituition you will find the terminations dates of all these resorts, in my case Akamanthea which no longer exists, and according to some info they were actually seelling as we paid into the scam and that was going back to 2007. As you know it no longer exists along with all the rest. I will def not be paying, if they go bankrupt, not only do you lose your membershp anyway, you will lose your flights etc.

Michele

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Please can any one let me know if they have been able to get out of the agreement with Barclays Finace. We was conned into signing with lion while holidaying in Cyprus. We was shown a lovely apartment in Capitol Coast and that is where we wanted to Holiday but now it is not on there books any more please help.

Reply to: Lion Resorts Action Group
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted