We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Resorts Action Group

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Godstone
Level Contributor
160 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Resorts Action Group

Many members of Lion Resorts Vacation Club will have been following the various forums on Tripadvisor attempting to get answers to the ongoing problems with Lion Resorts. From today would all interested members including those who have not posted before please refer to this new post only. The group of members who have been working to get answers and redress from Lion since last Christmas have named themselves The Lion Resorts Action Group to try and polarise action which will hopefully lead to a conclusion. We have found out many facts about Lion Resorts, Resorts Fiduciary Services the trustees who were supposed to have looked after members interests and KourushiLionResorts the company that ran the Capital Coast and the unbuilt Amphora and are currently in dialigue with Jack Mabley the remaining director of Lion who has said that he is trying to sort things out. We need more members to come forward and help push things forward. Anybody with legal qualifications will be especially welcome. We will update this forum at regular intervals and we have our own on-line blog http://lion-resorts.blogspot.com/ If you want to get some answers and possibly some money back read the blog and contact us. Thank you

904 replies to this topic
Truro, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
71. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

is there a police branch that deals with this sort of stuff and is anyone already handling it?

Worcester, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
72. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Another case of data protection violation. I have been contacted by a John Green supposedly from Malaga. Similar thing, offering to buy the contract for a fair price, but with a deposit up front. All sounds very plausible.

Sorry "John Green", neither you or "Paul Lewis" are going to catch me out.

Supposed address and web details declared are :-

Agencia de Viajes

Destino Mundial S.L.

CIF.: B-92620145

Tel.: +34 951 242 225

Fax.: + 34 951 248 918

www.destinomundial.com

Worcester, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
73. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Another case of data protection violation. I have been contacted by a John Green supposedly from Malaga. Similar thing, offering to buy the contract for a fair price, but with a deposit up front. All sounds very plausible.

Sorry "John Green", neither you or "Paul Lewis" are going to catch me out.

Supposed address and web details declared are :-

Agencia de Viajes

Destino Mundial S.L.

CIF.: B-92620145

Tel.: +34 951 242 225

Fax.: + 34 951 248 918

www.destinomundial.com

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Re 69 and 70 It is all a scam...do not part with any money...all of it is false..the address etc.

See Post 60 and contact Lion direct.

Godstone
Level Contributor
160 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

This will all blow over as long as nobody is stupid enough to go down this route. Lion told me that somebody had hacked into the RCI database and thats how these people come to have members addresses. Lion themselves are far from innocent in their dealings with members and therefore there are a large number of disgruntled Lion members about including ourselves. Members have a choice they can stay with Lion or walk away. I have not heard of any legal action taking place apart from between the various companies Lion swindled. Neither have I heard of any members getting any reimbursement for the money Lion swindled out of them so it's a case of put up and shut up or walk away, don't get yourself swindled again.

York, United Kingdom
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
76. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Testing to make sure I am registered

York, United Kingdom
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
77. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

In response to 'someone' hacking into the RCI data base, this is rubbish! - more likely they have sold on your details! - as for the Aliathon, good luck with that one! - the only way the company is surviving (by a thread!) is because of the maintenance fees paid - they owe money all over the place!

York, United Kingdom
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
78. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Got the 60K back they owe you yet Nikos? - you do realize the rules about members wanting to book Zante are - to put them off as much as possible, only to allow the members to go there if they kick off too much. Employees have suffered too, Lion Resorts owe their staff thousands, staff who stuck by them fed on false promises and didn't get paid for months on end. The only way the staff got paid was when the maintenance fees or 'cash-outs' from 'experiences' came in. They're living hand to mouth and with no financial backers in place, they're on a hiding to nothing.

Godstone
Level Contributor
160 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

Not sure why Lion would want to sell on members details given that you say they are only surviving because of the maintenance fees paid. Having said that I've learnt enough about Lion through the owners action group to know what they are like. The Aliathon was always very good and I understood Lion's aprtments were to be upgraded but I take all these things with a large pinch of salt given Lion's record.

York, United Kingdom
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
80. Re: Lion Resorts Action Group

As far as I'm aware, they have managed to salvage a few apartments at the Aliathon, one of which was 'done up' by the members of staff working there, not sure if they found the money to be able to do this with the rest of them, and this, by the way, had to be done on a shoestring. Some kind of arrangement must have been made with Zante, because, the last I knew, they were not sending their experience members there, only the owners, and, only if they kicked off about not being able to go. The reason was they wanted a better chance of upgrading them, so hence all the 'bull' about problems with airport strikes etc.

Reply to: Lion Resorts Action Group
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted