We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single traveller looking for nice beach

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
single traveller looking for nice beach

Hi folks,

I was thinking about staying in the annabell hotel paphos cyprus next september. I am a single traveller. Am hoping the beach is really nice.

Any advice ?

Thanks

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
346 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: single traveller looking for nice beach

The beaches at Paphos are really not great. The only sandy beach in Paphos is found at Coral a bay, some distance from the Annabelle. If the quality of the beach is essential, you should consider staying on the east coast i.e. Protaras or Ayia Napa.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
The Annabelle
The Annabelle
2,964 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: single traveller looking for nice beach

The Annabelle is a very nice hotel and very close to the harbour and restaurants. As harrisalk says the beaches in Paphos are not that good it is all a bit rocky but there is a nice beach path.

I agree that the best beaches are on the East coast but we stay at the Four Seasons or the Amathus Beach in Limassol and they are set on quite a nice stretch of beach, although it is dark sand. The sea is shallow for quite a way out. Both of those hotels are fantastic and again there is a nice beach path to walk along.

Mentioned in this post
The Annabelle
The Annabelle
2,964 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: single traveller looking for nice beach

I am here to fight the cause for Paphos beaches!

There are most definately nice beaches in and around Paphos. OK - not gorgeous like the east of the island, but they don't deserve the bad press that they get. The little cove like beaches behind the hotels Alex.the Great, The Annabelle and The Almyra, are small but very pleasant. Also there is a municipal beach alongside the Alex.the Great with a cafe. Lemba Municipal beach (previously called Sunday beach) now has a bar and walkways to the waters edge. And if you're not fond of sand, there is a great area for sunbathing that is decked, between the Annabelle and the area where the Municipal Baths are. Further afield, but on a good bus route, are the bigger beaches at Coral Bay and Corallia.

The Annabelle is a lovely hotel in a great location.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
The Annabelle
The Annabelle
2,964 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Almyra Hotel
Almyra Hotel
2,524 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Paphos Municipal Beach
Paphos Municipal Beach
681 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
4,770 Reviews
Peyia, Cyprus
ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: single traveller looking for nice beach

Thanks to everyone for your replies, much appreciated

5. Re: single traveller looking for nice beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:18