We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos in March

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
345 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos in March

Visiting for the first time second week of March....staying at Louis Ledra Beach

This is to be a different type of holiday (for us) more relaxing around the pool and hotel than touring around.

However we would like to see something of the island whilst we are there. We would welcome advice on the likely weather at that time and suggestions for some sightseeing to give us a taste of what is on offer for a future visit.

Perhaps someone knows of a good island tour that would cover the 'not to be missed' sights.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos in March

Its not clear from your post whether you mean an organised tour or self drive ,

Its not really possible to see all there is at one go , best to hire a car and explore , But for me some must do / see's are , .

The mountains , The tomb of the kings , the Curium , and do try to visit a vineyard .

best to buy a good guide book ie Lonely Planet or similar .Oh and how about a trip to the North ? , the castle of St Helarion is amazing ..( sorry not been in March ) ..

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos in March

Hi, I was in Cyprus from the 3rd-10Th March this year, the first three days, good weather, the remaining seven, thunder lightening, wind-rain. not good for relaxing by the pool.You may not be able to do the mountains tour because of snow.

as well as the above suggestions a trip to Nicosia is worth a visit. There should be info in your hotel on tours.

also look at

cyprus-travel-secrets.com

Julie

Edited: 12 December 2011, 21:20
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
345 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos in March

ooops...looks like shopping then !!

Followed link to suggested website, very comprehensive. Have skimmed through but will read in depth a.s.a.p.

Really useful info on there.

Many thanks..

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos in March

We were in Cyprus a little later in March this year (around 20th) and had great weather. You never know you might be lucky. My profile picture was taken in Pissouri in March this year. We enjoyed breakfast in the sun and lots of sunbathing. Also the weather was great for touring around i.e. not too hot. If you can manage a trip to Troodos you should get to see the wild flowers and Kykkos Monastery , and I always think Nicosia is worth a visit.

5. Re: Paphos in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:21