We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on which hotel if possible!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
384 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
advice on which hotel if possible!

I am hoping to have a weeks break in Paphos in April for my mum and I and have shortlisted these hotels and wonder if anyone can recommend one over another?

I have not been to Cyprus before.

We would like to be somewhere that has nice outside space to relax in where you are not lined up sitting on top of the next person! We like to enjoy good quality food.

Louis Imperial Beach Hotel

Alexander the Great Hotel

Athena Beach Hotel

Athena Royal Beach Hotel

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

Well Shaz

All 4 fill your requirements

Kev

Chorley
Level Contributor
667 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

The top two of the four would be the Alexander and Athena Royal, both excellent hotels, but if youre looking for space and privacy around the pool I would opt of the Athena Royal. Also, its adults only and very relaxing.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
98 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

The Athena Royal is top of the list.

The sun beds are well spaced on a beautiful lawned area. There are also beds around the pool and the weather should be warming up by April.

The dining room is really good and you will not feel crowded at all.

The Athena Beach is a bigger hotel and is also owned by the Constaninou brothers.

The other two hotels are fine but the Athena Royal is a cut above them in my opinion.

4. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 07:40
chester
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

Alexander the Great is fantastic, spent our honeymoon there and my 'big' birthday last year. On both occasions were were given a bottle of bubbly in our room on arrival, flowers, ballons etc. Wonderful hotel, lovely staff, can't recommend it enough.

swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

Stayed at the alexander and the athena beach both excellent hotels, had a trouble free stay at both, would recommend either.

Edited: 17 February 2012, 15:47
aberdeen
Level Contributor
384 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the advice given. It looks like The Royal Athena, The Athena and The Alexander The Great are all top contenders!

I must admit that the Royal is the one that appeals the most to both of us but typically it is also quite a bit more expensive. I can get half board at the Alexander the great and Athena for £150 each less than b&b only at the Royal. If money was no object the choice would be clear and it would be Royal Athena here we come!!!

The thing putting us off the Athena Beach is the large size of the hotel. The Alexander seems to have less room outside than the others so might be more limited for relaxing with a bit of privacy.

What to do?? Once I make the decision I will be sure to report back on my trip and hopefully I will be able to post some useful advice for others.

Chorley
Level Contributor
667 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

Another thing to consider, if you have not already done so, both the Athena and ATG are on the main road, it would be recommnded that you upgrade to a sea view room, especially if you are a light sleeper.

9. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 07:40
10. Re: advice on which hotel if possible!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 19:53
Get answers to your questions about Paphos