We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Rent a Car

UK
Level Contributor
652 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Rent a Car

Thinking of booking car hire with this company as they seem reasonably priced rather than our usual Avis as found them expensive last year once fuel and the airport service charge added on.

Any experience of Easy Rent a Car? Are the cars newish and good condition?

We are based in Latchi so will they wait for a few days before we next go to Paphos to pay?

Mentioned in this post
Latchi
Latchi
Paphos District, Cyprus
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Easy Rent a Car

Could people please let me know what the cars are like that they are supplying? Ive got a 4x4 opentop 1600cc but have no idea what ill be getting.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Easy Rent a Car

Anyone? what type of cars and 4x4 do they use?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Easy Rent a Car

Why not ask George or Kula on e-mail nestrent@logos.cy.net ?

We use them and our cars have been excellent quality Nissan. See the services tab on the link below re the vehicles.

http://easyrentacarltd.com/web/vehicles/

italy
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Easy Rent a Car

We took contact with them to rent a car after reading this forum; maybe we were just unlucky, but we wasted a lot of time:

In our experience (August 2013):

- they don't read emails, if they do, they don't read them thoroughly, so we had to ask the same things more times. Since time was running fast, after 2 weeks in which we tried to know some details, and pushing for an answer every 3 days (not spamming) we had to call them directly by phone to have some info.

- their prices are not as cheap as advertised

- They charge a lot for extra drivers

- They charge a lot to get the car to Paphos Airport (and there's written on their website that it's a free service)

- they need a credit card (which is not an issue, but it's different from what it's written on their website).

After being around with them for about 2 weeks (just to know a total comprehensive fee) we tried other car rentals and we found "savvas car rental":

The same day we took contact via email, we knew the total fee:

we had to pay about 120€ less than the total fee asked by Easy Rent a Car:

we got the same car (nissan note) for the same period, in good condition and with 3 drivers included.

The guy from Savvas rental was very kind, came to the airport on our arrival and was there to retrieve the car at our departure with no extra charge.

Yorkshire/Paphos
Level Contributor
287 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Easy Rent a Car

It' seems that, whichever provider/shop/service we use, there will always be differing experiences.

If looking at reviews, I suppose we can only go on the generality.

My experience of many people in Cyprus is that they often do not take emails quite as urgently as we do in some other countries. It may well be that, although many Cypriots speak English well, writing is much more difficult. (Those with a UK background would probably find it easier.) So I normally follow up emails with a telephone call anyway. I would tend to suggest a phone call as a good idea with car hire companies in any case, if only to establish exactly what their insurance covers and what is their policy for fuel.

Personally, I would add my recommendations on the positive side for Easy Rent-a-Car. I have always found George and Kula to be very helpful, dependable and well priced.

I always go to them when I wish to hire a car in Paphos.

CL

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Easy Rent a Car

I'd totally ignore reply #24.

Obviously a disgruntled competitor.

Agree totally with #25.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Easy Rent a Car

I have my doubts about the "1" post @ 24.

Personally had no issues whatsoever with George & Kula at easyrentacar......no extra for airport collection/return....free additional driver...no charge for booster seat...more than competitive price...excellent car...e-mail contact was efficient.

Using again in October & again in 2014.

Save Reply
28. Re: Easy Rent a Car

Was looking to rent a car from easy rent a car when we get to paphos but i dont have a credit card, will thet accept a debit card, only want a car for a few days.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Easy Rent a Car

I would think so. They only want the details on the card in case they need to charge for any damage or issues I believe.

Never had an problem with it. See my earlier post and send George or Kula an email. Always found them excellent to deal with

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
100 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Easy Rent a Car

Just back from a week in Paphos, used Easy rent a car, and they were superb!

They e-mailed me a quote before we went, and the cars were waiting for us at the airport.

They don't even ask for a deposit, you just go to their office and pay in Paphos.

Our cars were a bit tatty, prob 5 yrs old and fairly well used, but far cheaper than the main stream companies.

So if you want a brand new hire car, it's a no, but if you want value, it's a definite YES.

No extras on top to pay, although they charge 35 euro for the fuel that's in the cars on collection but you can return them empty. Very friendly service too.