We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

My sister are visiting Paphos for the first time from 19th April 22nd to attend a wedding. We're arriving VERY early (flights arrives in Larnaca at 4:20 a.m.!), and are taking a taxi to the hotel (Avanti Holiday Village). The wedding is the following day. Since we are flying from NY and this is our first visit, and we may not return for a long time, what do you recommend that we should see on this short trip? Also any recommendations for restaurants would be greatly appreciated (I've seen on this board that the Ocean Basket has been recommended quite frequently).

Thanks!

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

I think you'd better have a look first at the website of the Cyprus Tourism Office.

http://www.visitcyprus.com

If you could be more specific on your interests, we could provide more help

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
787 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

The Mosaics in the Archaeological Park are a World Heritage Site and definitely worth seeing. You need a couple of hours to see them all. Just by the Harbour. If you are there in time to book a day trip up to the mountains either by coach or jeep that should be great at that time. Depends how you affected by jetlag.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

For a nice traditional cypriot meze - fetas taverna is excellant up near the municiple gardens.

Ocean basket is good food + good portions and since you are staying at the Avanti villages its right there.

For nice relaxing drinks by the sea - suite 48 is nice. Very close to the avanti village, within walking distance.

Gourme Taverna - excellant food but a bit pricey.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

Do you have your taxi arranged? It's a couple of hours drive and taxis are expensive in Cyprus.

Happy travels!

Trisha

NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

Yes, we have arranged a taxi with A2B Transport. Unfortunately, there weren't any direct flights into Paphos (it would have been too hectic to try to coordinate flights from NY-UK-Paphos). It is quite expensive, but it's a reliable service.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

Hi, Buses are extremely cheap in Cyprus, approx 2 euro per trip and this is basically anywhere! Don't worry about the language barrier as long as you know where you want to go they will tell you if you're on the right bus or not.

If you can, I recommend a jeep safari in the Akamas, takes you away from the tourist trap that is Paphos and you'll get to see some fantastic scenary, and a history trip on the way as the younger Cypriots will talk about the politics of the country from the 1970's to now.

Nicosia is good one as it's also the only divided city in the world, South is Cypriot and north is Turkish, there is a no mans land which is manned by both Greek and Turkish soldiers. You can take the lift up to the highest point in the old Woolworths building (now Debenhams I think) and look over into the Turkish part and look down on no-mans land and in shops there is still displays of goods from the 1970's which haven't been touched. There is a point where you can walk over and enter Turkish Cyprus too.

Love Cyprus

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

In 4 days I would suggest: Mosaics (mentioned previously) with a wander round Paphos harbour, Tombs of the Kings, Akamas day trip to include stop at a winery, Kourion (on journey back to Larnaca). That pretty much takes up most of your free time but without overloading!

Remember to enjoy a traditional meze at a local taverna and ask for the local wines (that come in jugs).

Any questions that you have I'm happy to help with.

Fee

Netherton
Level Contributor
574 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

Consider Lacchi and a boat trip the coast there is stunning and well worth it

Regards Dave and Chell

Broxburn, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

Hi there ,

I highly recommend doing an excursion called Georges Fun Bus , its a great way to see different parts of Paphos in one day, such as the baths of adonis. He is number 1 on trip advisor.

I also recommend Chloe's chinese , Fat Mama's and a beauitful Greek restaurant called Costa's Taverna.

A visit to the mosaics at the harbour is very interesting way to spend a couple of hours.

Hope this helps

10. Re: 4 Days in Paphos - What to Do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2012, 11:39
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations