We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Village Restaurant

Northampton
Level Contributor
537 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest Village Restaurant

Hi all.

I'm booked into the Athena Royal hotel in July and was wondering where the nearest village restaurants are and the approximate distance.

Do prefer to eat the lovely Cypriot food and although there are a few good places to eat near the hotel I would like to venture out to a village to eat a few nights.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest Village Restaurant

Hi

We love eating out in the surrounding villages and tavernas and trying out the local cuisine.

Fettas Corner in main Paphos does a lovely Meze - Meat or Fish - And you definately get to enjoy Paphos the local way - All the tables are set out on the pavement and the more people that come to eat the more tables they put out.

http://www.kiniras.cy.net - Again in the old town definately worth a visit.

Michaels Taverna - Konia - very basic restaurant but lovely fresh food.

Seven St Georges - Geriskipou - not my favourite more unusual meze but my husband loves it.

The furthest away is Michaels and that must be about 10KM

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest Village Restaurant

Peyia Tavern, in Peyia village centre.

Neptune Hotel restaurant, just off the Coral Bay strip.

Here's a good thread...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k3…

...there's loads mor useful threads to read. Just type 'Meze' into the search box at the top of the page.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 09:18
lancs
Level Contributor
975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest Village Restaurant

There is a lovely place up in Kathakis,called the Farmyard,also Imogen's does really nice local food,also in Kathakis.There are other good places up there but can't think of the names,they all do local food .

If you fancy a drive to Tala,that's a nice little place with some good tavernas.

Enjoy !!!

Marie....

Northampton
Level Contributor
537 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest Village Restaurant

Thanks all, I'll have to extend my holiday to fit them all in lol;

They all sound gret, and nw I can start checking them on line.

5. Re: Nearest Village Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:16