We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Flying from Glasgow to Paphos in june and september.Have booked holiday through Thomsons but Jet 2 are the carrier.Spent an hour yesterday phoning Thomsons and Jet2 asking how to book seats together plus upgrading luggage allowance.Have to deal with Jet2 as they are the carrier but apparently Thomsons don't tell Jet 2 the names of those flying until about 2 days before flight goes.Jet 2 therefore cant change any of the details until they have this list of names.Seems an odd situation and wondered if anyone else had this experience doing this trip.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Enjoy your holidays.It's lovely and warm.

We eventually got accessto the jet2.com/tui site 4 days prior to going and were able to pre book seats and upgrade baggage allowance.Number I think is the reference number on front of Thomsons booklet they send you through the post.

Couldn't order meals as you have to give 5 days notice or entertainment system

At airport I mentioned problem to jet 2 staff and they gave me a form with all the info on it.Could Thomsons not give you same info??

For return journey I had to wait 3 days prior to return to book seats together using www.jet2.com/tui and same reference number.

I used hotels computer and although I printed off everything I didn't need it and seats were as I selected.

It's a strange set up.

Try later today and any problems just e mail me.

Ayrshire, Scotland
7 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Thank you very much for your help - it is much appreciated. I will keep trying. :)

Ayrshire, Scotland
7 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Got seats booked for Sunday. Excellent. Thanks for all your help.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Thank goodness for this forum. I booked holiday online on 25th July 2012 going to Paphos on the 5th August 2012 through Thomsons. I expected to fly with Thomsons ,as you would expect booking with them that it would be a Thomson flight. How very wrong was I. Complete and utter nightmare, the usual story, can't book seats together. Been on to Thomsons, Jet2 nobody can help. Thankfully this site has given me the information that Thomsons and Jet2 should have, and that is that Thomsons won't release passenger names until 2 days before you fly. Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thomsons don't seem to know this, I and was basically made to feel that it wasn't the shops fault as I had booked it on line. As we are flying this Sunday, 5th August I am now wondering if we will get any paperwork through the post from Thomsons with the reference number that we'll need to book seats. Can you tell me how much it was to book the seats.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Ayrshire, Scotland
7 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Hi, Yeah it's a very strange set-up. You can book the seats 4 days prior to leaving. You will be able to book your seats 4 days before you go on the following website: www.jet2.com/tui

The reference number is a 7 digit number - it should be on your confirmation email, or on the front of the wee blue thomsons booklet you get through the post. Remember though it won't work till about 4 days before you go.

However, you will only be able to book them from Glasgow (I'm assuming you're travelling from Glasgow) to Paphos at first, It costs about £15-£16 for two seats. For your return journey you will need to use Internet in Cyprus 4 days before you leave to book your seats for coming homw (which is about the same price again). You will not be able to book plane meals, but you can book extra baggage weight if you like.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Thanks, will let you know how I get on.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Hi, just to let you know managed to book seats to Cyprus. Such a pain that you have to wait until your on holiday before arranging return flights. Anyway feel better now it's done. Got them booked by a young lady from jet2 called Sumaiyah who was very helpful and proffesional. Thanks again for all your help. Off to pack now.

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Carluke, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Can anyone let me know if you book with Thomson or First Choice, do you still get Jet 2 baggage allowance of 22kg and 10kg hand luggage. I seem to remember that when I done this before 2 years ago I had problems trying to get an answer for this from my tour operator who didn't seem to know the answer. I cannot remember now if I was allowed to take on 22kg. Can anyone help please. To book extra legroom, seats together through Jet2.com from Glasgow next year our flights are coming out at £400 each and booking through my tour operator with Thomson or First Choice with my discount it is coming out at £312 a good saving when there are 4 people travelling. This doesn't include booking seats or extra legroom but it is mainly the luggage allowance I am interested in.

Appleby, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

we fly with jet 2 on wednesday, booked through olympic, and you get the 22kg allowance + 10kg hand luggage.

Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Booking with Thomsons..with Jet2 as the carrier

Twice this year we flew with Thomsons from Glasgow and Jet2 was the carrier.Luggage allowance was 20kg