We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Cyprus

Telford
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Cyprus

Hi

We are off to Paphos next week staying in the Atlantica Golden Beach, does anyone know what the dress code is for evenings, I know men have to wear long trousers but do the women usually dress up at night?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,093 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Cyprus

Hi Ellen

I haven't stayed at that particular hotel but have stayed at many four and five star hotels in Cyprus. In general where men are expected to wear long trousers women are usually expected to look equally smart. There are no rigid rules but a nice dress, smart trousers, skirt etc.

I have found that you see all sorts some people love to really dress up and others just look reasonably tidy. I think you can go with what you feel comfortable with as long as it is not beach type clothing.

Telford
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Cyprus

Thanks for your response, I thought that would be the case. I think it's nice to make an effort at night so that suits me, just need to limit the amount of shoes I take :-)

Edited: 28 March 2012, 05:27
Birtley, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Cyprus

ellen,

shoes is my downfall as well, i tend to take quite a few pairs, but only ever end up wearinfg 1 pair, as the heat makes my feet swell up a little bit and by the end of the night i limp back to the hotel.

I also like to make a effort, i don't nornally where dressses but do on holiday.

enjoy your hols

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Cyprus

Shoes are always the worst. My feet swell badly so now i take 3 pairs. White silver and gold and get away with that he he. I love to wear skirts and dresses on holiday as i wear trousers all the time. I love getting dressed up but as said earlier you need to feel comfortable. Have a great holiday

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Cyprus

Hi we are staying at this Hotel from the 14th April so would be interested in what you thought and any good tips. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Telford
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Cyprus

I don't go until the 7th myself so I don't think I'm going to be much help to you. On the upside, we'll try not to drink all the alcohol and leave some for you :-)

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time to Cyprus

Lol oh well, enjoy!

8. Re: First Time to Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:16