We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
prices

looking to book to go to coral bay in may this year self catering,what is the cost of a beer ,snacks for dinner & evening meals thanks

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices

Depends whether you are looking for an average place, higher class or budget. Local beer from €2 obviously cheaper in a supermarket, snacks from the bakers from €1.50, Main course for dinner from €10 although some places offer a 3 course from €10 - €17. On a Saturday (could be more often in summer) Kings Aphrodite on TOKR offered a 3 course including a bottle of wine for 2 at €17.50 each.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: prices

For your self-catering needs - Philpos supermarket is next to the roundabout where you turn off the coast road to go to Coral Bay. Good selection of most essentials.Can get wine for as little as 2 e per litre!

Salad, veg and local bread better quality and cheaper then UK.

If you want UK branded products then they are very pricey.

Butcher counter for fresh meat where they speak good English and weigh out exactly what you want, fresh meat prices are similar to UK.

Deli counter sells cheeses and cooked meats to weigh out which are much less expensive than the pre-packaged ones.

Oh no I sound like an advert - other supermarkets are available! This was just the closest to the villa we stayed in a couple of weeks ago.

merseyside
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices

fiznlil thanks for your reply but not looking to turn the cooker on if i can help it ,may get as far as pouring milk on cereal. we will be eating out more ,thanks anyway

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices

tee hee!

Like your style - same person - different laptop.

We enjoyed the Anesi restaurant, on main coast road on the way to Ag George from Coral Bay

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190384-…

Enjoy!

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices

Some great fish restaurants in Latchi very fresh fish caught the same day and very reasonable prices - enjoy.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
98 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices

Hi Fiz an Lil

Going in June any more reccomendations for eating out. Also, were you antwhere near the Stonehouse tavern and Illiados villas? thanks for your input

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prices

Hello no sorry we were not owing to the fact our self catering let us down so we only ate out once in Latchi and then returned here to Saudi Arabia but as I have said we noted great fresh food in Latchi and seemingly better than the restaurants along the harbour of Paphos but I am sure other people will advise you and may you have a wonderful time.

I have been advised about other restaurants that are very good so I will post to you tomorrow all the best for now.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: prices

Hello Perfect!

Although the address of the villa was Coral Bay it was actually closer to Ag.George. I'm going to be no help at all I'm afraid! I quite like to "play at houses" using local food when away so I cooked in most nights. We went to Anesi 3 times mainly because it was the closest to the villa and of course because we enjoyed it.

Liz

9. Re: prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:16