We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current exchange rates

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Current exchange rates

Staying in a villa in coral bay in June and just wondering will I get much more for my money if i exchange at a bank when I arrive?

Google search doesn't bring up any currency shops.

Inverness Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current exchange rates

We have been going to Cyprus for the last 10 years and have found that the best way for us to change money was to take English notes and exchange at a kiosk near the Harbour area of Paphos.

There is not a huge difference between what you would get at a bank but you do get a bit more using one of the many kiosks. Take care that you make sure the rate being quoted is commission free. You will pay a commission at the bank.

Have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
lancs
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Current exchange rates

Yes I agree with nessieman,we have always taken just enough euros to do us when we arrive,and then change our sterling at the little shops near the harbour ,you get a better rate.

Marie....

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current exchange rates

Hi, I also agree with changing money at the kisoks near the harbour,( just check what they agree to on the calculator and what they give you, got short changed last year but it could have been a mistake) but we have also used the supermarkets in Coral Bay to change money and it is a touch lower there but still not a bad rate. Barbara

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
4,744 Reviews
Peyia, Cyprus
swansea
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current exchange rates

Last year when we went we also had a better rate when we changed money by the harbour in the little kiosks :) have a nice holiday :)

Consequently, I wonder if you would let us know as i'm heading back out there in October and would like to know if the rates are still better there?

Thank you :)

5. Re: Current exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:16