We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December visit

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
December visit

We're thinking about a trip this December and wonder if anyone has experienced a holiday at this time of year? I'm mainly wondering if the weather is still pretty decent? I know 2001/12 winter season has been pretty rainy and cold.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December visit

Well i went for Christmas a couple of years ago and the weather was lovely ( 20ish d ) but that was unusual , so much so that it even made the papers ! , I think this years weather has been more typical ......

swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: December visit

The temp should be in the twenty's with cooler evenings . We were there late Feb early March, it was the wettest and coldest I have ever known it; the locals were telling us it was the worst weather for 100 years, so it can only get better. Go for it ,you will have a good time 'come what may'.

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December visit

Thank you very much for your replies.

My family used to own an apartment in Paphos but we always visited in school holidays as mum was a teacher so I've been in April, July/Aug and October.

I've just booked a week (8 Dec 2012) for me and mum in the Annabelle - the hotel I've wanted to stay since I was 5 years old! Really quite excited and hoping it lives up to expectations ...

Netherton
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December visit

Hi, hopefully you will be fine. We went out for 4 nights at Christmas, weather was fantastic during the day early twenties but in a nice sheltered spot my wife was wishing she had taken her bikini. Cool on the evenings and it had been wet before we arrived. Best of luck for the weather but I am sure you will have a great time regardless

Regards Dave and Chell

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December visit

We have been in December on two occasions and both times we had nice weather and were able to eat lunch outside every day. The evenings are very chilly though. What ever the weather is like it is sure to be better than here. It always seems like a bonus to wake up to bright skies at that time of year. I love it when we can fit in a winter break in Cyprus however short.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December visit

As you have read it is hit and miss in December. The prices you pay compensate for that. Take an assortment of clothing with you and do not expect a week or unbroken sunshine - perhaps one or two grey days maybe even a shower - but normally it is much better than being in the UK in December.

You will get easy access to places of interest because it will not be as busy.

Hope you have a really good time. Good luck with the weather.

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December visit

Thank you all. We'll look forward to it and keep our fingers crossed for a little sunshine!

8. Re: December visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:41