We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

I shall be at a conference in Paphos next week, and I'm staying on for a couple of days after the conference ends to see the sights.

Any top tips? Any places that I must see while I'm there? Tips for areas of natural beauty, archeological sites, museums, restaurants, etc etc all welcome!

Arundel, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

Make sure you see the mosaics. This is the best thing to do in Paphos. The Archaeological Park is next to the harbour, set on a headland. The mosaics are stunning.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

If you can take a trip into the troodos mountains for scenery or latchi-polis.

you might like to see the tombs of the kings.on tomb of the kings road.

disoverpaphos.com

one place in pahos I love to eat is Zorbas on TKR. Julie

Edited: 08 May 2012, 19:16
London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

Thanks both, they sound like just the sort of tips I'm looking for. Much appreciated.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

Well, I very much enjoyed my stay in Paphos. What I hadn't realised was that I wasn't actually staying IN Paphos, I was staying a little outside it at the Coral Beach hotel.

I didn't have much time for sightseeing in the end: was feeling rather knackered after the conference, so didn't want to have too much of a heavy sightseeing schedule. But I did manage to go and see the mosaics. You were absolutely right, SussexShelley, they are indeed stunning!

Thanks again for the tips!

5. Re: Any top tips for a day or two in Paphos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:41