We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions and Activities

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions and Activities

We are travelling to Paphos at the beginning of July and we are planning our holiday excursions and activities. We are not sure if it would be cheaper to book at a local travel agent or on the internet. Normally my sense would say the internet is cheapest but I do not know if the business online would be cheaper than those who are not in the area.

We have contacted gorgotravel.com and their prices reflect those of the bigger operators like Thomson but are willing to discount approx 10% off their advertised price if we book multiple trips.

I would like to know if anyone knows if gorgotravel's prices are reasonable or can I expect to pay a lot cheaper visiting a local agent when we are there?

Thanks!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions and Activities

I can't comment on Gorgotravel, however you will definately pay less at a local travel agent when you are in Paphos - and there are many of them. You will have more bargaining power when you are in the shop with your wallet in your hand!

Happy travels!

Trisha

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions and Activities

Particularly true now that the pound is buying more euros. I agree there are quite a few trips being organised by local companies and sold by travel agents. Well worth looking around on arrival.

3. Re: Excursions and Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:17