We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Euros to a Quid...

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Two Euros to a Quid...

...if you eat at the Steak and Prawns Restaurant in Paphos before 1830. The only sting is that you have to pay in £sterling.

Read this blog that I've copied below. Get down to where the two ladies are sat with their empty plates in front of them, and read what they thought...

…blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/our-day-out-in-papho…

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
102 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

Also known as the Vienna Cafe & Bistro where prices are quoted on the menu in both € and £ based on £1 = €2.00, which is only applicable from 10.00 - 18.30. However the € prices do appear a little "toppish" to no doubt reflect the very good exchange rate on offer. Pint of beer €3.50, Nescafe €3.30, Club Sandwich €9.75, Hamburger €7.70, Ceaser Salad €10.00 etc, etc.

stranraer
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

Thank you for this information, would love to give it a visit when in Paphos this year. Can you give me directions to where this bistro is?

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
102 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

From memory it's just before the end of Poseidonas Avenue and the Pizza Hut/KFC place, which is just before The Seagull restaurant opposite Tea for Two. It's a nice modern building but on the main road with the Imperial Chinese restaurant above. Hope this helps and I would add that we did not eat at the Vienna Cafe & Bistro so cannot confirm whether it is any good or not with the original information supplied from a flyer that I was handed whilst in Paphos last week, which unfortunately does not contain the address.

stranraer
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

Thank you for giving me an idea of where to find the Vienna, i have been many times to Paphos and i am always looking for new suggestions regards a good meal. If you can think of any other good restaurant's i would be most appreciative.

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
102 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

We ate at the following and didn't have a bad meal:-

Capriccioza Campana - opposite BayWatch at the bottom end of Bar Street. Only opened a few months. Primarily Italian. Good for people watching. Ate here three times.

Oasen Italian Greek Restaurant - on the front - attracted by a flyer. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals.

Risto La Piazza - set back off the front but also with tables on the "promanade". Again Italian and pretty expensive but the food was very good and service "high end" perhaps OTT for a holiday resort.........

TAO Chinese Restaurant - opposite The Flintstones Bar - complimentary additional starter and coffee/drink on the houes, which was a nice touch.

We also enjoyed our trip to Pizza Express also on the front!!

Hope this helps

stranraer
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

This is just perfect, thank you so much. It helps to have an idea of what is okay as there are too many sometimes to choose. The two week holiday goes too quick. Thank you again.

7. Re: Two Euros to a Quid...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:15