We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket in universal area

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket in universal area

Hi there,

we are heading to Cyprus for the first time in a couple of weeks and i am anal about being prepared :) Therefore good people could you help me find a supermarket near my apartment which i believe is in F7 of this Map www.donandpam.co.uk

Are there any real supermarkets nearby or just tourist rip off centres??

Also looking for a really cheap place to eat for all the family.

Major budget going on can you tell???

England, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket in universal area

Which map would that be? There are several on that link.

I've never found any large supermarket to be a tourist rip off.

How about this...

http://www.papantoniou.com.cy/home_2.aspx

There are others equally as good.

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket in universal area

looks like you are around Paradise Gardens 4,Walnut Grove area.No big supermarkets there,there's a small kiosk(mini market) where you can buy your essentials but always more expensive than the big ones.As the crow flies I think your nearest is Papantoniou down at the harbour(the best one in my opinion).You could walk there and have a wander about ,do a shop and get a taxi back.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket in universal area

you cant beat the pambis diner on the universal area, we have been eating there for the last five years, they have a large choice of food on the menu and it is all reasonably priced. The parrot will keep you entertained as well.Enjoy your holiday.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket in universal area

Thank you all :) looking forward to our hols.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket in universal area

Not far from Universal is Russian Rd or McChicken Rd there is a big supermarket there

Kev

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket in universal area

Thank you i am staying at bellona rooftop apts, is this close? Also how long does it take to walk to harbour an where is the nearest beach? thanks tabs

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket in universal area

If you type in the name in google it comes up and it states 15 minute walk away to harbour. It also seems from the map your not far from a nice place called Pambis, but your a good distance away from the supermarket in Russian St esp if your carrying water and such

Kev

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket in universal area

Thanks Kev,

9 more sleeps = plenty more daft questions to be asked:)

9. Re: Supermarket in universal area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Paphos