We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skin So Soft By Avon

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Skin So Soft By Avon

Hi Everyone

Just booked a holiday to paphos for 6 weeks time. Mozzies always make a beeline for me also.

I have read the reviews on skin so soft by avon but there are so many????

Which one do I buy?

Kind Regards

Anthony

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

Hi Anthony,

Its the skin so soft original one. I also use the deet spray as well as the avon product.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

Mmm ....should also advise that IMO it smells like grandmothers talcum powder!! It does seem to work for some people. If you are going in 6 weeks you could try the Vitamin B solution - look it up. You take it for a short while before you go. They should not be too bad by the time you go - they bite my ankles so I apply citronella oil to my sandal straps before going out in the evening. Good luck!

Ceredigion, Wales
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

Mossies love me too. I use Vitamin B1 for 14 days before travel and while I am there. Ask your pharmacist for Benerva. You can only get it by asking for it, and it is much better that the B1 found on the shelves.

4. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 06:07
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

Its the Skin so Soft Dry Oil Body Spray.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

Thanks Guys, I knew I could rely on you for advice!

England, United...
Level Contributor
863 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

In the past we have always been bitten. However, this year we tried Skin So Soft "Soft and Fresh" body oil spray and didn't get bitten at all (when we were wearing it.) I didn't think it smelled like old lady's talc either :0)

My wife tried the vitamin B1 method one year but it didn't seem to work at all for her.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 18:56
Kent, England
Level Contributor
808 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

The Avon works for us, my husband uses it as well ,it's got a lovely smell I think, no harsh chemicals, and also moisturises your skin.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

I quite like the smell and it is a great to moisturiser after a day in the sun.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
421 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skin So Soft By Avon

It is actually on special offer at the moment £4.99 for 3.

Get answers to your questions about Paphos