We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Help can't decide between these have been to the Mayfair a few years ago and know its location but reviews have been hit and miss ( although some people are serial moaners ) as only going s/c limnaria gardens looks nice my only worry is that there is no entertainment and it will be a bit quiet??

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

My vote would be for Limnaria Gardens. Although you will be S/C, you are very close to lots of restaurants, bars and cafes. The Mayfair isn't in an attractive area, and if the entertainment in the hotel isn't good, you've got a bit of a hike to get to anywhere else.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Yeh that's what I thought about location we went all inclusive this year for 2 weeks and ate out 7 times ha were not all inc people ! And the limnaria gardens do look nice

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Hi Alison, how did you get on at the Pafian Park hotel, I know oyu asked some questions on this forum. Never been to either the Mayfair or the Limnaria Gardens but I know the Limnaria gardens is in a very good location, some great restaurnants nearby, plus there is a small beach near to the Alexander the Great Hotel, plus a lovely walk along the coastal path to the harbour. You can also walk the other direction to the triangle for a change. Barbara

Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

We had a lovely holiday although over booked on first night !! We were a little further out than would have liked but busses were easy ,we've also decided that all inc is not for us as we ate out every other night ( by choice ) we used to walk along the harbour in the evenings and the limnaria gardens are close to the harbour I think

manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Limnaria would get my vote. Will be quiet in the evening but as someone else said if you don't like the hotel entertainment you end up going out anyway. Pools are also very good at limnaria we've stayed there twice.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Hi Alison, it will take you about 8-10 mins to walk to the harbour and as I said before you can walk along the coastal path by the Alexander the Great hotel or along the main road where you see lots of restaurants. I have always wanted to stay at the Limnaria Gardens but its always full when I get around to booking. When are you thinking of going as they go get booked pretty quickly. Barbara.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Hi again, just read your report on the Pafian and it seems that over booking happens alot at that hotel. When we were at the Akti last year ( which is nearby ) we met people that had to stay there Pleased that is hasn't put you off Cyprus. Which restaurants did you try. Barbara.

Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

Looking for next aug I've emailed after a couple so will book in a couple of weeks think we are gonna go for them!

UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

As an owner, here are a few tips:

Blocks C & D get the most sun.

limnariagardens.com/img/ComplexLayout1024.jpg

The ground floor pool facing apartments have direct access to the pool.

Make sure they have their own private sunbeds, there are very few communal sunbeds left, communal sunbeds are not being replaced when they get broken.

There are some apartments that have the lounge and both bedrooms facing the pool ('Triple Terrace'), unfortunately not in Block C or D but there is one in Block E which gets nearly as much sun as Blocks C and D. I can't send you the link at the moment because the website is down but if you send me a PM I'll send you the details and a contact telephone number.

If you definitely want to book, don't hang about, you will probably lose out, the best apartments get booked a year in advance.

peterborough, uk
Level Contributor
228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Limnaria gardens or the Mayfair ?

I would definately go to Limnaria Gardens, I got married in Cyprus a couple of years ago and we had family stay at both the Mayfair and Limnaria, and although both enjoyed it Limnaria is by far a better location and as others have mentioned, there are lots of places to visit nearby of an evening. We are trying the Avanti Village in October but next year when we return with family Limnaria will be an option for us. Also, Kefalos Beach is a good option is you are after apartments.