We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which bus stop shall I get off at?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which bus stop shall I get off at?

I've booked a week holiday staying in Limassol,and planned to have a day trip to Paphos by Intercity-bus,There are 3 stops in Paphos:

1 Pervola - Karavela

2 Oppossite Debenhams/Front of Papfiako Stadium

3 Opposite McDonalds/front of Kianos Stautos

Which stop is near to the Harbour or some other must-seen attraction ?

Many thanks in advance.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

Hi, I would say the stop at Debenhams. The harbour is just around the corner from there. It is a lovely area to walk around with some lovely restaurants, have fun Barbara

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

There is a map of the route here

www.cyprusbybus.com/routedetails.aspx?id=189

The harbour is south-west of the Paphos stops if you zoom in on the map

Midlands & Chloraka
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

Hi,

unfortunately this Inter-City bus goes nowhere near the harbour or indeed anywhere near the coast. You need to get off at Karavela bus terminus and then ask at the bus terminus for directions to the local bus stop at the market and catch a local bus down to the harbour area.

The McDonalds and Debenhams stops mentioned are both in 'Upper Paphos' and are NOT the ones in the Harbour area.

HTH

Don&Pam

Edited: 29 October 2012, 21:59
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

Don&Pam + 1. From Karavella (terminus) you can either catch the No.618 down to the harbour, or walk to the municipal market and catch the No.610, or if you're up to it enjoy a pleasant walk through town and down to the harbour.

Barbara - The Debenhams mentioned by the OP is the one opposite the football stadium, by the big roundabout on the way up to the motorway. A long walk to the tourist area!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

Forgot about that Debenhams. Usually pass it on the way from the airport but the other one opposite the supermarket, Papps etc. is the one I thought she needed. Yes it would be a long way to walk. But luckily there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum to correct the ones that make a mistake.. Barbara

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

Thank you all for your reply ! very helpful!

LancasterLad--How long will it take for walking (from terminus) through town and down to the harbour please?

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

30-40 minutes.

8. Re: which bus stop shall I get off at?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 10:17