We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus in April

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus in April

Hi, we are planning a holiday in April easter hols probably about 4/5april for 7-10 days, and would love to go to Cyprus. We have two children age 6 and 3 and looking for ideas of places that would be ideal for families.

If anyone knows what the weather is likely to e during this time tat would be helpful. Also whether pools are ok to swim in or wether I need to focus on hotels with heated/indoor pools?

Any hotel recommendation gratefully received as well as info on what will be up and running this time of year ie kids activities, eve entertainment, restaurants etc.

Trying to decide between self catering or all inclusive. My thought is it depends on where the hotel is- if there are good places to eat walkable and the price is lower then self catering it is. If not much price difference and far away from local life thn we could be tempted to try ai, particularly if there is evening entertainment.

Looking to fly fom a london airport and have been thinking we would use a package deal to ease us back into travelling abroad but with the addition of the kids!

Thank you thank you for any ideas!

swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus in April

The weather can be mixed but it is warmer than here, still cool in the evening. The pools are usable if you are feeling brave enough. April will be our second trip this year and we always enjoy it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus in April

I'm also thinking of going in april, I'm very well travelled, but havent visited Cyprus yet, so still researching the best place for a 40+ very young at heart couple, but can't see me staying in agia napa

Edited: 13 January 2013, 13:59
swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus in April

we made the mistake of going to Napa first., it took us two years to return and to Paphos; fell in love with place and got hooked

England
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus in April

Thanks for your tthoughts! Just trying to narrow it down a bit and then look at prices :)

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus in April

We are going to aliathon holiday village middle of May,hope it will be nice and warm then,

anybody know???

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus in April

Hi Zee

We went to Cyprus and stayed in a villa at Latchi in April 2010.

We had a private pool which was unheated, and really it was too cold to enjoy but we did use it. Temp was 18 or 19 rising to 22 on the hottest day. Shorts and T-shirts were fine but the season hadn't really started. If you have a pool to get the most out of it I would make sure its heated. No rain all week was a bonus though, and they drive on the left which was great for our hire car.

Steve

Edited: 14 January 2013, 14:59
England
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus in April

Thanks Steve. I'll narrow the search to have a heated pool!

Zee.

lancs
Level Contributor
968 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyprus in April

We always book with Villa plus,no extra for pool heating with them.

Marie......

9. Re: Cyprus in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19