We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paphos in march

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
paphos in march

my wife and i are staying just off tomb of the kings road in march ( 8th ) for two weeks .in a friends apartment ,could anyone tell us what things will be open ?.what will the weather be like ?( could we sunbathe ?) we are hiring a car .any advise on hire companys and days out.?we always holiday in march but usually further away for the sun.any advise please ?never been to cyprus before.

swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: paphos in march

we return on march the 8th ,I will post up to date info before we return and before you fly out.

Expect cool evenings though, you will need a coat when venturing out.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paphos in march

I doubt you will be able to spend time on the beach, although if you're lucky you might get some "t-shirt" weather between 11am and 4pm. Evenings are still cold in March.

You will find plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars open and all the archaeology sites.

Have a look at the Travel Guide and Things to Do (left hand side of this page) to get you started.

Trisha

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paphos in march

Hi,

my wife and I are also going to Paphos (on the 3rd). We've been to Cyprus on numerous occasions, but never this early. I'm told you can expect 18-20deg C (it might get up to 22deg c). There could be a risk of an odd shower, but in my experience, these are very short lived and usually over within the hour.

We booked our holiday through Thomsons and managed to get car hire (Suzuki Alto) for around £6.50 per day with Sixth.

Cyprus is very beautiful, the locals are very friendly and obliging and the food is terrific - try a local delicacy called "Goobas" - you'll find them at the local bakeries.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paphos in march

Hopefully through the Tourist Office, or the CyprusMail paper you should get details of the Carnival celebrations which will be on during your holiday, Paphos has a carnival but the largest

parade is in Limassol and this year it will be on March 17th. I am looking forward to seeing what else will be on in Paphos as usually the carnival will start about ten days before the final

parade. Many restaurants will have party nights, and probably

more local specialities.

Hoping you will have good weather - because that means I will as well.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paphos in march

Who knows? This week we have had mostly glorious days - up to 24 degrees, but a hell of a storm on Wednesday when it poured down most of the day!

Trisha

6. Re: paphos in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 07:15