We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses and glasses

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses and glasses

Hi staying at aquamare beach hotel on 16 march haven't been to pathos for about 10 years what can we expect regarding weather costs etcany advice welcome arriving at 20 00 at night with hand luggage will we be able to get a bus? Or will we better off hiring a car if so what are the prices also last time in pathos we had glasses made very cheaply is this still the case I seem to remember leather goods were also very reasonable and good quality any info would be appreciated thanks in advance

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses and glasses

Glasses are no longer any cheaper than in the UK unfortunately. There is no predicting the weather really. I can only say that in 2011 we went to Pissouri on 23 March and apart from the night we landed and had a storm we had great weather for the rest of the time.. It was chilly at night though.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses and glasses

The general consensus amongst residents is that spectacles are no longer a bargain in Cyprus. However I recently bought some and the frames were free and I only had to pay for the lenses. I have noticed a new Opticians on TOTK Rd with a huge sign advertising all frames for 1euro - pay only for the lenses.

There is a bus on the half hour every hour from the airport to the harbour - number 612.

Trisha

Edited: 14 February 2013, 20:59
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses and glasses

Sounds like a bargain Trisha. I got some really nice glasses in Cyprus once and so did my husband but things seemed similar to the UK last time I looked. I haven't seen an offer like that in the UK though.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses and glasses

Times are tough here just like everywhere at the moment, and it seems that businesses are working a bit harder to be competitive.

The Optician where I bought my glasses insisted that he's always offered better prices than the UK...........who knows? Might be worth a look on your next trip.

Trisha

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses and glasses

@missindy<<<There is a bus on the half hour every hour from the airport to the harbour - number 612.>>>

Trisha, the OP's ETA at Paphos airport is 2000 on 16 March, which might be cutting it a bit fine for the last bus @ 2030...

www.cyprusbybus.com/RouteDetails.aspx…

I'd have a Plan B!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses and glasses

The timetable I have has no dates, but is clearly the summer schedule.

From the website LL provided the last bus is actually 8pm, so definitely too early for the OP...........

"From Paphos Airport to Kato Paphos station

From 01 December to 31 March

Every Day

11:00-14:00 (every 60 minutes) , 17:00-20:00 (every 60 minutes)"

Tisha

Edited: 15 February 2013, 18:59
Carlisle, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses and glasses

Hi

I arrive on Sunday 21st April at approx 2pm local time to Paphos Airport. I am staying at the Aquamare Beach Hotel, i dont have an airport transfer booked, what number bus would i need to get to take me to my hotel? and if so what is the cost? thanks in advance

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses and glasses

The bus number is 612 and if you tell the driver the name of your hotel he will let you know when you're there. The fare is €1.

As you exit the arrivals hall, cross the concourse and the bus stop is on your right - very easy.

Trisha

Carlisle, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses and glasses

Thank you Trisha, you were absolutely bang on, much obliged

10. Re: Buses and glasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:16