We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
erm, cant say
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

Hi All

Could anyone tell me how this is coming along? Due to open in May, has anyone in Paphos seen it? I am wondering how it is developing and what it looks like at the moment so any photos would be appreciated. At the moment I can only find artist impressions.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

I walked by again today and whilst the construction is progressing, it is nowhere near completion.

Trisha

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

Hello Trisha , I am in the process of changing my holiday based on the comments so far. If this hotel is still looking like a building site realistically it's going to be more than 3 months plus to be completed. I am due there in August

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

If you're anything like me, you research and carefully choose your holiday accommodation, and I'd be very annoyed to be moved to another hotel at the last minute. I think you're wise to change while you still have some say as August is a busy time everywhere. I was chatting to someone who said that they have also taken bookings for weddings from July!

Trisha

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

Hi Trisha, its really good you are able to keep us updated on what's going on. Thomas Cook have now said they can not do anything for me until 29 days before I depart I am due to arrive on the 13th August unlucky for some. Unless the contractors tell the tour operators its not going to be opened by the 15th July that's the latest opening time we have. On what you have told us so far no beach,paths ,roads, buildings, gardens. I can't see it. Many thanks for your help in this matter.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

If I walk by one day and a miracle has occurred overnight and it's finished - you'll be the first to know!

Trisha

Paphos
2 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

I live opposite the site, and can honestly say that its nowhere near completion. I'm no expert but reckon its months away from being ready. They are still building one half of the main building, and the completed build is still a shell. Even when the hotel is built it will take time to make the swimming pools, gardens, road access and create a beach. If you are booked for this year I would change your plans and go the the Elysium instead to be on the safe side.

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

This is the reply I got back this morning 21/5/13

Dear All,

King Evelthon will be open on the 15/07/2013.

Best Regards,

Savvas Giorgallou

Sales & Marketing Department

A. Tsokkos Hotels Public Ltd

P.O.Box 33052

5310 Paralimni, Cyprus

t: +357 23848156

f: +357 23831447

e: sg@tsokkos.com

w: www.tsokkos.com

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

That's less than 8 weeks off.....

I'll keep posting what I can see.

Trisha

Falkirk, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

Thanks Trisha and co for all your updates. We are due to pay our balance this week for our holiday there in August, but just can't see how they say it will definitely be open when so much work to be done. Jet2 holidays have assured us it will have to be fully open and operational (as per description) or we will be refunded, or alternative offered. Has anyone else booked with Jet 2?

Malvern (worcester)
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: King Evelthon Beach Hotel - New hotel in Paphos

I have spoken to head office and they believe the opening date is now the 15th July 2013 but as with anything in Cyprus saga, saga slowly slowly -