We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily life.

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Daily life.

I am reading all the posts from travellers who are concerned about the situation here in Cyprus. I haven't replied because I'm not qualified to comment and don't want to add to the mountains of speculation already out there. However I would say that my daily life is continuing as normal. I am using the ATM to withdraw cash from my Cyprus bank account, filling my car with petrol at the garage, eating out at my local restaurants and buying all the usual items from the supermarket where there are no shortages or empty shelves.

I have to say that it is very quiet in and around the high street shops. In addition to the uncertainty about the future, I think residents are just not in the mood for anything but necessary shopping.

I am watching the UK news and can understand how the coverage is making travellers nervous. My friends are contacting me to make sure I'm "OK". I have seen no demonstrations here in Paphos. Many, many people standing around and talking of nothing else - but no demonstrations.

Hope you all have a great holiday in Cyprus.

Trisha

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily life.

Thank you so much for this valuable information, we are coming out 10th April and like many others have been following the situation with keen interest.

As normal the media appear to over dramatised the plight of the people, of course I am concerned about the problem affecting the inhabitants of Cyprus they are not deserving of the troubles inflicted upon them.

We are looking forward to enjoying yet another holiday in the lovely sunshine Isle.

Thank you again for your reassuring information.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
413 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily life.

It is nice to hear that you are able to carry on as normal Trisha. We are coming out again on 2nd June and can't wait. We have been coming for 12 years and still love the place even though it has changed over the years.

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily life.

Can't wait our holiday is in July.....Over 20 years we have been enjoying the Cypriot hospitality and our love and thoughts are with Cyprus and the Cypriot people.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daily life.

Cyprus is a resilient little island. She will cope. Nothing would keep me away

Kent
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daily life.

as usual the media puts up the extreme pictures etc, it's the same with egypt and people were terrified to go to sharm. we're out in may and can't wait

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daily life.

Nothing will stop us going in may .

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Daily life.

Thanks for that Trisha. I am coming next week and cannot wait.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
158 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daily life.

Thank u for putting my mind at rest we are coming in June and our first trip to pathos I can't wait x

Bristol
Level Contributor
254 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daily life.

Thank you Trisha

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Daily life.

Cheers Trisha, been coming to Paphos for years and will be still be going for years to come to.Take more than this to stop us Paphos loving people coming over:)

Now August 29th cannot come quick enough!!

Cheers

Ian.