We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
68 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

Planning to go to Paphos next May for first time without the kids. Was initially thinking of going to Kefalos Beach, however bit concerned about comments made about roadworks on the TOTK road - don't really want to be in the middle of a building site. Alternative under consideraton is Avanti Village. Would appreciate any feedback on both. Basically me & the wife want to chill for the week with a bit of sightseeing and relaxed evenings. Is TOTK roadworks having much of an impact .

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

The roadworks are well underway and I would hope they will be completed by next May - but you never know!

I haven't stayed at either of your choices, but the locations are very different.

Kefalos beach is in a lovely sea side setting with easy access to TOTK Rd. Avanti is on the other side of town, a 5 minute stroll to the sea with easy access to the "triangle" area and the Harbour.

My preference for location would definitely be the Avanti.

Trisha

woking surrey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

My wife and i have stayed at both of these apartments, for location avanti is better slightly nearer harbour but for apartments we prefer kefalos beach. If you get sea view studio these are on ground floor so you can hop over your balcony and you are on the grass.

Bilton Rugby
Level Contributor
879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

How bad are the roadworks along the TOKR? Was hoping to go to The Kefalos Village in September. Can u still get to the Restaurants and do the buses still run.

Janet

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

Yes, the buses are still running. It's early days but the restaurants are trading as usual up to now. No idea how long it will go on.

Trisha

Bilton Rugby
Level Contributor
879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

Thanks for that we will keep looking on Trip Advisor for updates. We went to Paphos last June and stayed at The Kefalonitis and liked the look of The Kefalos Village. It has got such good write ups.

Janet

Kent, England
Level Contributor
793 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

We've stayed there twice, it is fine but the dining room I found very hectic. We've also stayed at the Avanti hotel which we liked and is in a better position as we prefer that side of the harbour. We had a look round the Avanti Village whilst there and it looked nice, mainly families staying there though. You would have to cross the road to get to the sea from the Avanti, whereas the Kefalos is right on the seafront, although it is quite rocky there. On balance I preferred the Avanti, but just as many people will tell you the opposite, so it's down to personal preference really.

Bilton Rugby
Level Contributor
879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

Oh thanks will have a look at the Avanti if its got a better beach.

Janet

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

I don't think the Avanti has its own beach, but if you cross the road you can access the public beach. Many of the reviews will mention this.

We stayed at the Kefalos last year, and had a great stay. Personally, I prefer a sunbed on grass rather than sand, and there were plenty of these. We found empty sunbeds at any time of day, though the fact that it was September may have helped on this.

The apartments are well laid out, fully equipped and kept spotlessly clean. To be honest, the bathrooms needed modernising, and this is under way. Breakfast was almost the best spread I've ever seen; since the best was in a 5 star hotel, it's not really fair to compare them.

However, we weren't keen on the walk up to the TOTK road, especially since we were at the end of the restaurant stretch. And getting on the 615 bus to and from the harbour could be a nightmare.

Should we go back, we'd probably stay at the Avanti Apartments, purely because of the location. So it really comes down to your priorities.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

ALL beaches are public beaches in ROC. Hotels may put sunbeds on the beach but it doesn't mean it is "their" beach.

Trisha

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kefalos Beach or Avanti Village ?

Hi, never been to the Avanti but know where it is and I would like to stay there if going to that side of Paphos. We have just had our second holiday at the Kefalos and we love the location as it is right near the sea, so you have fantastic views all day and the sun shines on the pool area and grassy area all day too. Last year when we were at the Aloe last Sept/Oct you were in shade very quickly around 5.30pm when sitting around the pool. Where as at the Kefalos you can sit and watch the most amazing sunsets. I can never tire of that. The reviews all nearly always excellent so a good choice if you go. Barbara.