We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos! :-(

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mosquitos! :-(

Hi, we're coming to Cyprus mid August and just wondered how worried we need to be about mosquitos, been to Greece loads but first trip to Cyprus. Can anyone help please?

UK
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: mosquitos! :-(

I've seen Avon So-Soft mentioned a number of times on this forum and was considering getting some until I saw the last paragraph in this article:

…unl.edu/pest/resources/insectrepel.shtml

So the So-Soft bug repellent with Picaridin seemed to be the one to go for if you can get it but then I came across this suggesting it had an odour like beer:

reviews.avon.com/5588/31314/reviews.htm

After a bit more research I decided to order this instead:

ebay.co.uk/itm/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: mosquitos! :-(

I've been to paphos for the last 3years and never been bitten!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
795 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: mosquitos! :-(

Gary that is not the skin so soft in question. It is not even marketed as a mosquito repellent, but somehow mosquitos don't like it at all and for us at least it seems to work. It does make a lovely aftersun moisturiser as well , and doesn't contain a chemical such as DEET.

UK
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: mosquitos! :-(

The Deet repellent arrived in the post today, if nothing else the service is first class!

Can you provide a link to the correct Avon So Soft?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
795 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: mosquitos! :-(

sorry can't make a link work. its the dry oil original body spray in a green and white bottle on the avon website

Edited: 12 July 2013, 23:35
UK
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: mosquitos! :-(

Many thanks, will give it a try.

17. Re: mosquitos! :-(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:16