We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to cyprus help please!

ESSEX
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First time to cyprus help please!

Hello all on tripadvisor,

My family is staying in a villa on the Secret valley Complex ( i have a car ) so I need a bit of info for a first time holiday to cyprus.

I understand secret valley is a little bit of a drive out from paphos and the area is quite quiet so I need to know were we can do our food shopping also local good restaurants near there. and any tips on deals at resturants and local entertainment and recommend any trips out, My boys are 17,13 so looking to try and keep them occupied.

Also can you drink the tap water or do you have to buy bottled, and what plugs are needed 2 pin round or 2 pin flat? Are there any ATM on or near secret valley.

Security read a few post about villa crime, what is the latest ? As I understand it on the secret valley complex they have private security but that info only came from the villa owner!! So has anyone been to this area or at present living there. I just want to be aware if there are any problems.

Finally we arrive this wend at Paphos airport so what should i expect to pay for a taxi for 4 adults and luggage to this area, and what price is the £ to the euro out there just got some for 1.16/ £1

Also what is the parking like in Paphos is it free? and if driving what should i be carefull of if anything.

I think thats all but if anyone has any info that might help, please feel free thanks to all that reply and really looking forward to my hols.

thanks Bob essex

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
greenock
Level Contributor
193 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

Been going to Cyprus for years and stayed in villas in the Universal district, Kissonerga, peyia and Latchi and staying again in Sept. at Kissonerga, I have never been burgled or heard of any in the areas I stayed, but it would give me enormous pleasure to catch some uninvited guest in the property, I doubt his health insurance would cover the treatment he would need, In my experience Paphos and the surrounding areas are perfectly safe. I have never stayed at Secret Valley but would imagine that the nearest town for shops, restaurants & kiosks would be Pissouri.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Kissonerga
Kissonerga
Paphos, Cyprus
Latchi
Latchi
Paphos District, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
12. Re: First time to cyprus help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17