We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

I will be on holiday in Polis next week and have been invited to a wedding at the Annabelle. I intend to stay overnight at the hotel which is very expensive especially for a single room.

Ideally I would love to get a taxi both ways but believe the cost to be between 60-75 euros each way therefore making it even more so. My reason for wanting a taxi besides the obvious reasons of comfort and convenience is I have a broken arm so travelling with a small suitcase etc is making things harder for me.

I know there is a bus that goes from Polis and I believe takes 40mins but how far does it stop from the Annabelle, Believe it or not walking actually makes my arm ache and the last thing I need is more pain. Also I am thinking of the heat, ideally I would have love to wash and style my hair once at the hotel but I can't with my one arm so my sister will have to do it for me before I leave Polis. I don't want to arrive a mess with wiltered hair. Would I need a cab from the bus stop maybe. I have been to Pathos once before years ago and cant remember much except it was quite spread out.

Any help much appreciated.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

The public bus from Polis terminates at Karavella bus station in Paphos Old Town. Here's the timetable...

pafosbuses.com/busroutes/polis-latchi/polis-…

From Karavella you can catch the 618 bus to Paphos Harbour. Here's the timetable...

paphosbus.com/index.php/paphos-tourist-area/…

From Paphos Harbour it's not far to walk to the Annabelle. Basically follow the road along the seafront for about 10 minutes, and it's on the right after Alexander the Great Hotel. You can also catch the 611 or 612 from the harbour bus terminus, and ask the driver to drop you off.

It's very straightforward, but perhaps a bit time consuming.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

I got the location of the Annabelle wrong.

It's closer to the harbour than Alexander the Great, and is easily walkable in a few minutes from the harbour bus terminus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

Why don't you catch the bus to the Karavella bus stop as suggested and then catch a cab from there to the Annabelle - I know it isn't from the Harbour bus terminal to Annabelle, but I would say it is a 8-10 minute walk and with a suitcase and a broken arm a little more.

On the way back it won't matter so much you can take your time to the bus stop. They are very clean and on-time I wouldn't have a problem doing the journey but the last bit from main paphos to the harbour then the Annabelle I would probably do that bit by cab, especially as you want to arrive as fresh as possible for the wedding.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

Thats all very helpful thanks and yes I think a cab for the last stage is a good idea.

Any idea how much that would be please? I also believe the bus is ony 1.50E from Polis, am I right?

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

It looks to me, from the route map, as though the 618 stops by the Annabelle. It's a bit clearer if you click on the "View.... in a larger map". And yes, the fare is €1.5 for each bus.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

John is spot on, so if your decided to catch the 618 from Karavella just ask the driver to drop you off at the stop closest to the Annabelle.

But if you do decide on a taxi make absolutely sure that you know what the fare is going to be, otherwise you might get stung!

7. Re: Bus from Polis to Pathos,,stop near the Annabelle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 06:21