We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tala or chlorakas

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Tala or chlorakas

Please someone local help me.

I am of Cypriot origin. visited Cyprus many times. Not been for years and have always stayed in Larnaca or Lefkosia and visited beaches on east of island or headed up into the mountains.

I am now married with a 4 year old and visiting for the first time as a family. Opted to fly to Paphos as flights were cheaper and looking at staying there and visiting my family in Lefkosia a couple of times.

I have no idea where to stay. I am focusing on Tala and Chlorakas due to proximity to Coral Bay - Chlorakas more so due to its transport link so as not to hire a car for whole week. Is there somewhere I have missed that could be what I am looking for. I was originally looking at Peyia but as I keep coming across it being described as Little Britain I have knocked it off my list.

I have visited Kato Paphos, Latchi and Polis in the past but want somewhere that will keep us all happy. Local environment, easy access to child friendly beach, and good tavernas which locals frequent, short distance to airport as we are arriving at 23:00 and also leaving late. Husband is also not always entirely comfortable driving abroad so although we plan on hiring a car would be good if we didn't need one if decided to take it easy for a couple of days.

I may be asking for alot but any guidance would be much appreciated. Family in Cyprus can@t help much as they always holiday at other side of the island.

M

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tala or chlorakas

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Tala is a small inland village and you would definitely need a car if you were to stay there. Chloraka is spread between the coast and the village centre. If you were up in the village you would need a car but there is a good bus service that runs along the coast road passing close to most of the holiday accommodation. However, the beaches are a mix of pebbles and sand, and more importantly, not safe for swimming.

I would suggest Kato Paphos. There is a good public beach, you will have access to the bus service from the harbour terminal, and all the shops, cafes and restaurants close by. You will only be 20-30 minutes from the airport.

Trisha

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tala or chlorakas

Hello

My husband and I booked a villa in Tala for 2 weeks at the start of July. Not having a car or having to drive isn't an option as it is quite steep especially where we were and there are no transport links between Tala and Paphos/Coral Bay.

We actually spent the last 4 days of our holiday in a hotel in Paphos just so we could relax and not use the car.

Hope this of some help.

Barbara

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tala or chlorakas

how much is a taxi from paphos airport to tala

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tala or chlorakas

could you tell me the taxi fare from paphos to tala village

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tala or chlorakas

could you tell me how much it is by taxi from paphos airport to tala villagethank you

6. Re: Tala or chlorakas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Paphos