We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay in Paphos?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I stay in Paphos?

Hi there I'm looking to book a last minute deal to paphos for 4 adults and want somewhere pretty smart without too many kids around.. we want a quiet beach holiday with a bit of luxury and preferably a bit trendy - somewhere at least 4 star.... I've been looking at the ascos coral bay? what is that like? or can anyone recommend anywhere else - doesn't have to be a big hotel. Thanks in advance... Anja

cheshire
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

Definately the Aprodite Hills Resort "Intercontinental" Its absolutely fantastic! Pure Luxury and what a retreat! Lots of restaurants and trendy bars!

Shropshire UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

SG,

Athena Beach is pretty good, next door is the sister hotel Royal Athena Beach which has a no kds policy and also gets good reviews.

More luxury I would try Alexander The Great or Amathus Paphos Beach. These have more upmarket restaurants and spa treatments but due to the time of year might not be too hot on the last minute bargins.

best of luck and let us know where you decide or if you get a good deal.

Lardy

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

That's great thanks! Do you think all the sister hotels will be as good as the Athena? Also, where is the Aphrodite hills? is it near Paphos? xx

Shropshire UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

SG,

it all depends on what your looking for, I think the Royal is slightly more sophisicated which is reflected in the price. My wife and I dont have kids but this didn't put us off going to the AB, that said though it will probably get very busy over the next few weeks.

The Aphrodite Hills I cant help you with that one sorry.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

Look into the Elysium Beach resort and Paphos Amathus - I prefer them by far. I don't think Ascos Coral Bay is what u are looking for.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

hi there I've managed to find a reasonable deal at the Athena Royal - it works out at £1248 for 4 people (not inc flights...) - does that sound about right??? Also, another question - has anyone flown with Excel airlines? Thanks for all your help xx

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

Hi Stargazer. In response to your enquiry about Excel. We flew with them twice last year. In May we flew to Santorini - had booked extra legroom seats several months ahead, and they 'weren't on the computer' on the outbound flight. We had to faff about when we got on the plane, produce the receipt, and other passengers had to move out of the seats. It was sorted very well by cabin crew, but was quite embarassing all the same. The flight was also delayed one and a half hours. Coming back, no seat probs, but 5 hour delay, however we were kept well informed by the rep.

Used them again to fly to Paphos last October. No problems going out, 3/4 hour delay coming back, and we were handed letters of explanation at check in.

Have given them the benefit of the doubt, and booked again with them for September this year. Have rung pre-flight dept to book extra legroom seats again - it took 2 hours to get through, the operator couldn't wait to get me off the phone (didn't even ask my name) and processed my request at an alarming rate. I asked for a receipt and confirmation, which I suspected I wouldn't get, judging by the way my call was handled, but the operator promised to send one, and 14 days later I wrote to Excel head office with a complaint, as I did not receive what I had asked for (and still haven't). I have received an acknowledgement of my complaint from Excel and they have said they will respond within 28 days. Overall, our experience so far is that the plane is reasonable, the cabin crew excellant, the food was fine, punctuality not wonderful, but if you want any of the pre-flight options, this is where they sadly fail, and these are important for me personally. We will fly with them this year, because it's already booked, but not again.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

Thanks that's really helpful - I think I'll take a chance and book with them xx

9. Re: Where should I stay in Paphos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 04:18