We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas time - 2013

Japan
Level Contributor
10 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas time - 2013

Coming to Cyprus from Dec 23 -Jan 1...trying to find out whether restaurants will be open in Paphos and Larnaca...and any recommended ones.

Would appreciate the advice of people in the know.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas time - 2013

Aichii

Keep an eye on my thread as I'm after the same information!

Thanks

Terry

Brundish
Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas time - 2013

Same with me arriving on the 24th in Paphos

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,016 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas time - 2013

Some restaurants close in the Winter but a lot remain open. You could also think about Limassol as it is definitely an open all year town.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas time - 2013

Hi, everything in Larnaca will be open, restaurants really depend on your taste in food have a look at the restaurants reviews at the top of this page.Julie

Kingswinford
Level Contributor
3 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas time - 2013

If you are looking for Christmas dinner and don't mind a 45 minute journey from Pafos go to Paradiso Hotel in Lysos - just south of Polis. Contact them direct or Elleni at Saddles Café in Polis who is related to the hotel owners. Fantastic views out over Latchi and Polis seafront from up at Lysos

greenock
Level Contributor
184 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas time - 2013

Went in January 2011 and there was very little choice at night, was a cheap holiday though

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas time - 2013

Little choice at night? Was that in Paphos? I am a little surprised as Larnaca, Limassol , Paphos and Nicosia are working cities, where locals live, work and have dinners in restaurants.

No, you should have no problem in finding a restaurant in Larnaca or Paphos during winter period. However since it's Christmas period you'd might need a reservation for some restaurants.

Paphos, Cyprus
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas time - 2013

i do not now aboud Larnaka .In paphos there are a lot in kato paphos.internasional cousine.greek taverns is famagusta in cloraka.

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas time - 2013

During the winter season, some restaurants might be closed in Paphos, but definitely not all of them. And pretty much all of the restaurants in Larnaca stay open during winter time. If you happen to be in Larnaca and not sure where to have lunch or dinner, just go to the Finikoudes area which is the busiest place in town and you'll find lots of cafes, restaurants, fast food places and pubs. Some places (pubs, bars, clubs and some restaurants) have special events for New Year's eve, and if I were you I wouldn't just show up anywhere on that particular date. Better to make a reservation in advance, or even better to play it safe and have dinner on Christmas eve/day and New Year's eve at the hotel. Most of them have gala dinners or other events on those dates. My favourite places to eat in Larnaca are Hobo's restaurant (downstairs for casual dining, upstairs for steak), Ocean Basket, TGI Friday's, and of course the many fish tavernas offering fish meze that can be found further down the same road, on the way to Makenzy Beach.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 22:45
10. Re: Christmas time - 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Paphos