We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ciggs and tobacco

manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
ciggs and tobacco

hi. Going to paphos tomorrow with easyjet. Which is the cheapest place to buy ciggs and tobacco please ? can we buy on the plane or is it best to get at the airport on the return journey ? Thanks.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ciggs and tobacco

The prices are fixed by the government so wherever you buy them the price is the same, that includes duty free.

There is a duty free in arrivals as well as in departures.

It matters not a jot where you buy them - duty free, supermarket or a corner shop - although the price of them is still cheaper than the UK.

You can't buy cigarettes on the plane as you are flying to another EU country, however, you can buy up to 3,000 in duty free on the way home.

Edited: 17 November 2013, 14:58
manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ciggs and tobacco

Thanks for help . just looking forward to some sunshine . Cheers. will get the ciggs from airport on way back. Many thanks.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
58 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ciggs and tobacco

The cigs are more expensive in the airport. There's a shop just around the corner from the bus station at the harbour and the cigs there are best and cheapest. I've used a few different places as I'm in paphos at least twice a year. Watch out for shops selling fakes!! It's happened to me twice now.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ciggs and tobacco

Hi, Paul , are you talking about theos off license across from Debenhams if so that is where I buy my cigs when I am in Paphos or Papantoniou supermarket along the road a bit.I agree they are more expensive at the Airport.Julie

Glasgow
Level Contributor
58 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ciggs and tobacco

Hi Julie

Yes that's it! Couldn't remember the name of it. Very friendly staff too.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ciggs and tobacco

Hi again paula, yes the staff are great I remember about 12 years ago going in there with my husband just before closing time on a saturday night, the guy said to me you have ten minutes until I close and I am not open again until monday so if you are still in my shop then I will have to lock you in until monday morning.

Must admit I had this vision of my diet until monday morning, brandy-coke chockies crips or maybe some wine, hubby spoilt it when he said please don't do that my wife would cost you a small fortune.Julie

Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ciggs and tobacco

Lambert and Butler were 43 euros for 200 in The Atlantica Golden Beach hotel shop.A little dearer at the airport.

8. Re: ciggs and tobacco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:19