We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos in January.

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos in January.

Hi,

New to the posting on these forums but swear by them usually before I go away. I've just booked a quick holiday to paphos for my birthday next Friday' and am staying at the Hilltop apts. I'm just asking in general really what to expect from paphos in January in terms of nightlife and weather. Not expecting tropical climes but a basic overview would be great, especially from someone who has just returned or is currently there.

Cheers in advance

Chantelle.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos in January.

Hi Chantelle

It's been cold and very wet for the last few days, but the forecast is for sunny days from tomorrow.

If you head for Kato Paphos you'll find the most popular bars and restaurants quite lively. The new mall - Kings Avenue is very busy.

Have a great birthday.

Trisha

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos in January.

Thanks for the advice Trisha!! I'm sure ill have a great time anyway' after all a holiday is what you make it. Thanks again :)

Brundish
Level Contributor
233 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos in January.

Hi Chantelle, we just got back very overcast and wet a couple of days before that, even had an earthquake to boot, but had a great time anyway

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos in January.

Hi

Four seasons on one day ! Seriously. I have sat by pool in shorts and light shirt at 10 am, walked in rain at 12 noon and dodged snow shower on front at 2pm.

I usually come back with a light tan though. You will need a warm coat for Troodos as it should have snowed by January, it is magical.

I suggest you pack layers, e.g warm coat,raincoat, and jumper.Have visited January of febuary for 12 yrs or so,its great for a winter break, we are going soon.

Have a great trip,any questions just ask.

Paul

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos in January.

The last 2 days have been bright and sunny with a cool breeze. Cold as soon as the sun goes down.

Trisha

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos in January.

Thanks everybody!! I will bring layers most definitely!! I shall pack one bikini just to remain optimistic haha. Have any of you stayed or know the area around Hilltop apts and could tell me what it is like? Thanks everybody.

Chantelle

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paphos in January.

The apartments are just off the Tomb of the Kings Road. There is a good bus service that runs along this road from the Harbour bus terminal to Corallia beach hotel which is just past Coral beach.

At the moment TOTK's road is a mess because of roadworks and a lot of the bars have closed for the winter. Lidl is close by and DT's bar is open and very welcoming. Head for the Harbour and the waterfront.

Trisha

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paphos in January.

Thanks Trisha. I'm sure after a few days once I have gotten my bearings it won't seem so daunting. And as long as I find somewhere with good food and decent cocktails to celebrate my birthday in style then I shall remain satisfied for the rest of the week!! Haha. Thanks again.

Chantelle

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paphos in January.

Don't forget to come back and tell us where you went and what you got up to!

Trisha

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paphos in January.

I don't think ill be including all I got up to!! Haha very drunken nights most probably :) the forecast seems to change daily and for the better at that. So in started to feel the tinge of excitement. Two days to go!! :)