We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

I think Iv narrowed it down to Paphos that I want to be in. Somewhere with plenty to do, restaurants and bars with it being Aya Napa.....but where to stay? I

Once I started looked and reading the reviews on the accommodation I found the area looks a bit widespread.

Iv narrowed it down to a few hotels, but like the look of Queens Bay Hotel on Coral Bay Road. But when Iv looked on the map it looks pretty far out from bars/restaurants.

Any help in location would be appreciated or recommendation of hotels. Looking on a budget of £700 HB or £900 AI not inlcuding flights for 11 nights starting beginning of June 2014. Would consider SC but Im unaware of the costs of eating out and cost of drinks

Many thanks in advance

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

You're right, Queens Bay is out on a limb. Paphos is a municipality covering a large area. If you want to be close to bars, cafes and restaurants etc, look for somewhere within walking distance of the Harbour in Kato Paphos.

Eating out prices are varied. There are fine dining restaurants where you would pay the same as in the UK, and there are restaurants offering 3 courses for 10 euros and up.

June is a great month to visit Cyprus - just before it gets crazy hot and humid.

Trisha

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Thanks for your reply Trisha, is it in walking distance, I dont mind a good 20 minute walk, I dont necessarily want the bars right on my doorstep.

What prices are we talking for drinks, might go AI if looking a little dear. I havent had a holiday in the euro zone for a good few years

stockie
Level Contributor
710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

I was in Paphos in October and going again in June. We stayed in a private rental house which was great. We ate breakfast out some morning and for a small English egg bacon sausage tomatoe beans 2 rounds of toast and a brew it cost 3.50 Euro. We did buy ham and fresh rolls ect for lunches and had beers in the fridge.

Every night we ate out at various restaurants Viva Cyprus and Adelaide charge 25 euro per couple for a 3 course meal and a bottle of very acceptable wine.We ate many other place Les Amis, Michaels which are around 16 euro for 3 courses and exceptional standard, there are also cheaper bars that do pub food as you might not want 3 courses every night.

Drinks vary you could get a pint of larger on the front for as little as 1.50 euro but most bars charge around 2-2.80 euro. We went to Memories most nights for pre dinner drinks and between 6-7 all cocktails were half price and they were all made with branded names and were very good quality is was 8.50 for 3 drinks bargain.

If you click on the restaurants on the top of the page you will the reviews helpful.

My final advice is don't go all inclusive I myself have done this many times but now when I way up the cost it is no cheaper and you don't get bored with the food or have to eat at set times, you also have the choice of English, best of all Cypriot., Indian, Italian, every night of the week. Its always good to choose what and when you choose on Holiday not whats put in front of you.

Enjoy.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Hello again

No, Queens Bay isn't within walking distance of Paphos and there's only a couple of restaurants close by. Post number 3 is spot on with prices so nothing to add other than I too would rather be S.C. rather than A.I.

Trisha

stockie
Level Contributor
710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Just looked at holiday letting for Paphos and it is possible to rent a beautiful apartment with all mod cons far superior to hotel apartments for around 350 to 400 pounds for 11 night beginning of June.

Happy hunting

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Thanks for all your replies, very helpful and I have decided to go SC, not really into HB or AI but being new to Cyprus I didnt want to get stung with over inflated prices, but can live with the above prices.

Any further info would be most appreciated should you think of any.

Tracy

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Hi, one of my favourite places to stay is the Kefalos Beach Hotel, read the reviews and you will see why. We have had 2 holidays there, S/C and last year cos we got a good offer from Thompsons we went H/B. and the food was very good, but we did eat out a couple of times as we love the restaurants in Paphos. From the Kefalos you can walk to the harbour along a coastal path, taking you about 30 minutes, But there is a very good bus service. You get the benefit of being close to the sea but not stuck too far out of Paphos. Would always recommend the Kefalos. Barbara

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Hi, Tracy, take the advice from the post above yours, look for a private rental, there are some lovely places to rent on owners direct and holiday lettings much cheaper than staying in a hotel or hotel apartments. then book your flight separately.Julie

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Hi Barkinmad, just looking at them now. I want to be quite close (20 minute walking distance to the restaurants/tavernas/bars) but still unsure of locations. Iv looked at Paradise Gardens , am I in the right area?

Cheers

stockie
Level Contributor
710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay. Totally new to Cyprus

Yes you won't go wrong there or anywhere in the universal area walking distance between Kato or the old town although hilly going to the old town, buses frequent and cheap. I stay in Iris village in Universal and love the 15 min walk to the bars just far enough not to be a pain but far enough away and to be fair a couple of good eateries along the way.