We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookcyprus.com

Warwick, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bookcyprus.com

I'm quite uneasy as bookcyprus have just asked us for a 'security deposit' of up to £500 on arrival at our 4 star accommodation next month. This is almost the cost of the entire holiday (flights and accommodation) and I'm wondering if we have been the victim of some sort of scam. This was meant to be a cheap, last-minute break for me and my husband after a very stressful few months. We haven't had a holiday in a while but had wonderful memories of Cyprus from 20 years ago, which is why I booked this. I've emailed the company and the booking agent and will write to the Daily Telegraph's advice column if I have to but would very much appreciate any advice/support from some more seasoned travellers out there who may have used this company. Thank you.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookcyprus.com

Hi, I have used bookcyprus a few times but I have never been asked for a security deposit.which hotel are you talking about. an agent for bookcyprus used to write on this forum.Try typing bookcyprus into the search box above your post some of her forum posts should come up.click on the book cyprus aviator and send them a private message. I will see if I can get a post up for you.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookcyprus.com

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/bookcyprus

click on the above link and send a private message . Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookcyprus.com

I note that bookcyprus hasn't posted on here since September 2013 but perhaps they would answer a private message. Used to be a regular poster.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookcyprus.com

Hi Twigs , I noticed bookcyprus has not posted for a long time ,I do find it strange asking for a security deposit, it must be a request from the hotel management ,Julie

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookcyprus.com

Dear Mrs FP118,

There is no need to be concerned. We are the biggest licensed online Travel agency based in Cyprus servicing over 50,000 customers from all over the world every year. You can read more details about our company here: www.bookcyprus.com/main/9,0,0,0-About-Us.aspx

In order to reply to your question we need to know more details regarding your flights arrangement and accommodation selection. Please complete our contact us form here: bookcyprus.com/main/93,0,0,0-Contact-Us.aspx

with your holiday request and a member of our customer service team will reply back as soon as possible or you can send us a private message with your travel information via TripAdvisor.

Kind Regards,

Bookcyprus Team

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bookcyprus.com

Hi bookcyprus , Thank you for your very speedy reply which I am sure will put the posters mind at ease.Julie

Kingsbridge, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bookcyprus.com

I booked a holiday once to Cyprus that was a scam. e-mail the hotel you are booked into ask if they have a booking for you. They usually reply very quick and should beable to put your mind at rest one way or the other.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bookcyprus.com

Hi, dotty, bookcyprus is not a scam I have used them and I have always been satisfied with them, if you look at post number 5 you will see that the agent for bookcyprus has posted on this forum to try and clear up the posters query .you say that you were scammed over a holiday in Cyprus , out of interest who did you book with,who was it that scammed you.I am sure your information can help other people.Julie

Toddington, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bookcyprus.com

Just wanted to reassure people about Book Cyprus. I too was uneasy about using them. However, I had no problems at all in the end, it was all fine.

Beirut, Lebanon
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Bookcyprus.com

hi everybody ,can you tell me plz how was your travel experience with bookcypris.com ?